1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you like your Blizzard Plow?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MickiRig1, Apr 27, 2007.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have land for sale that will get me near $60K clear. I have fish swiming around the bait so it should not be long! The more I read, the more I like the concept of the Blizzard Power Plow operation.
    Do you guys like your plow?
    I have a Meyer right now and my Dad has always had them.
    I know the paint is an issue, but I am a Painter so that's not a real issue.
    I am going to put it on atleast a F-250 / 350 Diesel.
    A dealer/service is about 10 miles away so that's not an issue either.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, I like all 6 of my Blizzards. Even if only 4 of them are Power Plows. There is no more productive truck mounted plow on the market at this time.

3. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Mark, Your the productive one. I love my meyer also, but i guess it depends what he's plowing, ie. don't need wings to do small driveways.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I won't argue that not everyone needs a Blizzard Power Plow. It definitely is not a plow for every contractor.

Some guys need a V for the amount of snow they get, but that is limited to a few, IMHO.

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I save easily 1/3 of the time I plow. This is good unless you are getting paid by the hour!

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I get paid by the hour, but plowing frustrates me most times!
    I want to get it done and move on to the next place!
    The event is still going strong and I am getting behind.
    The contractor pays more for wings, So I am still ahead.
    The 810 seems to be the perfect solution!

7. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Blizzard PLOWS!

OleTower Here!--in this FAST world WE all Live IN! some things Come & some GO!--ME I*M from the Ole School--where I try some Thing? It Works!--I Stuck w/IT--ME I live in Central MAINE--FISHER Country--I have been Plowing for over 50 years! & have Had & Used FISHERS--a Freind Bought a New DODGE 4X4 a year Ago--w/ a Blizzard on IT--last Winter--He Got SICK& Asked ME? if I*D Plow His Customers? SURE NO Problem!--Use My DODGE--OK!--& I DID--I had Never Installed a Blizzard before?--as I had FISHERS!-- the Ole Type--& had Assisted in Mounting a Few New Minute Mounts?--YEH! w/ HELP!-Three GUYS a JACK & Crow Bars & a Big Sledge Hammer--My QUOTE--Minute Mount MY BUTT!--I Followed my Freinds Instructions On Mounting the Blizzard--Never having Done One Before?--To ME It Mounted ITSELF!--I Dove UP to IT--Pressed a Few Buttons & placed a Few Pins & Hooked UP the Light Connections--it Took Me about 3 minutes?--then I went Plowing--the Blizzard didn*t Push SNOW--It ROLLED IT--right Out of the WAY!--I DID His Customers & MINE in 1/2 the TIME-it Usually Took ME just to DO MINE--He asked ME? How Do you Like the Blizzard?--Heres My Honest Answer!--& I*M trying to be as HONESTas I Can!--to ME after Plowing w/the Blizzard--Doing the Same Customers as I have w/ my FISHER! & Don*t Get ME WRONG?--FISHER makes a Good Plow!--but Compaired to a Blizzard--Its just a Piece of IRON!--NO Pun Intended!--just MY Honest Opinion!--I asked My Freind IF?? He ever SOLD It?--Please! give ME the FIRST Option as I*D like to BuY IT--a Week ago He Called ME--Hes Trading in His Truck--for a New DODGE 2 wheel dive--& I could Have the Blizzard for the Price! WE had Talked about?--I didn*t walk to My BANK --I RAN!--& Now OWN the BEST Plow I have ever OWNED! & Blizzard SELLS Out!--PROGRESS?--& WE all Wonder? Why?? the Worlds Going to HELL!--Well Now WE all KNOW!--Design & Build the BEST & the Computition Will BUY You OUT!--I DONO? but in Referance to PLOWS? if? any of YOU--See a Better Plow than the Blizzard?--Let the REST of US KNOW! What Make it IS? & Where? the Rest of US! can Get ONE?--OleTower--enough SAID!!!

8. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I now have 3 810's. Only buy a Blizzard if you are:

1. Looking to cut down your time plowing so you can get back home

or

2. looking to stay out just as long but make 30% more money

:D