1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your employees happy?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by crewtracker, Apr 4, 2011.

1. crewtracker

crewtracker Inactive

Our blog article today ( http://wp.me/p1qm37-1t ) talks about how companies are finding out-of-the-box ways to keep their employees happy. So what are some benefit/perks that keep you happy where you work?

twitter.com/crewtracksnow

2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Pay me what I am worth(or close), pay me what you owe me, Pay me on time and treat me like an equal not some smuck that just walked in from the unemployment office. Respect me and do not lie or try to cheat me....

I can look over the pay what I am worth if the rest are met, I would rather make less for someone that I like and like to work for then to make a lot of money for someone that I would just as soon hit in the face with a shovel...

but that is me.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I keep that no good SOB with poor pay,lousy long hours,I make him keep spinning his hat so fast doing so many different trades it should have ball bearings in it, works in lousy weather conditions, has to put up with my ''know it all'' type clients,and once in a while I'll give him a pat on the back and reward him with a cold Bud. It's tough being me.Thumbs Up

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

lol
    :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Get up early enough and finish the lots by opening when possible and breakfast is on me. As well as I pay $25 an hour to run my trucks.

6. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

You have an extra bed for this comming winter? LOL
    I would make more $$ driving for you then I do with my own accounts since half still have not paid me.

7. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

usually go to a diner after wards to eat and get food PILED on the table, on me. Pay well (after all, who wants to be shoveling at 3am in a snowstorm for $8/hr???) and on time.

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I've always found guys really like when they don't have to buy things for work so that nice new jacket or gift card for a new set of boots works out well. I found a great deal one day on some reflective orange safety jackets so I picked up a few and gave them to the guys. They really like that stuff. Money in a guys pocket let's him decide whats important to him though.

9. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

BLOW JOBS!! they all get them at the end of the season if they where good (LMAO)

10. CCR Landscaping

CCR Landscaping Junior Member

usually buy them a pack of marlboro reds and good pay n there good to go

11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

You give your guys BJ's?:whistling: I am not sure what to say to this........do you dress up in a nice dress and wear lipstick too?

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

The first trick is finding good people. After many, many employee's, subs and temps. we finally found a couple decent guys/girl that want to stick around and seem as though they're going to work out. But last year we had a decent guys as well with exception of a few glitches and they were happy they found a place that paid them and on time.