1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you keep the decal on the front of plow from coming off???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevydmax, Feb 22, 2014.

1. chevydmax

chevydmax Junior Member

I repainted my Fisher EZ-V. Let the paint dry for a few weeks then applied the Fisher splatter decal on the front. Rubbed it quite a bit and even applied a little heat to help the adhesive. Most of it came off first time I plowed with it. I bought the decal directly from fisher. :angry:

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't even try. They all come off. My 8' is in perfect condition but the decal is gone. However, my 8 year old 7'6'' still has most of the decal and the 4 year old moldboard still has most of it.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Have someone paint it on instead of the decals. It's a pretty simple logo to reproduce

4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Don't use it.

5. chevydmax

chevydmax Junior Member

I have an official Fisher splatter stencil I got years ago from Fisher when they were still spraying the splatter on the plows. I have used it a few times over the years and it works good and lasts quite a few years before you have to respray it. But this time I wanted to try the decal and was amazed it came off so fast. I love the way the paint job I did came out just hate the looks of the plow without the emblem! Someone told me to use isopropyl alcohol first then put it on so maybe I will try that on the next one I attempt.

6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Clear coat the plow after you apply the decals. I'm doing that to my XLS.

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

X2 works perfect and the paint will hold up better.

8. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

you need to clean the metal first to ensure a good stick. I usually use a degreaser then rubbing alcohol. I did our boss and blizzard plows and they are now two seasons and still holding on.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Believe or not, the only thing that kept my sticker on was plowslick.

Yeah most slick fell off but the western sticker is still there!

10. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

I wish I knew. The PO of my plow repaint it and reapplied the decal and it still looks like the day he did it. If I run into him I'll ask.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I got my 7.5' Fisher SD brand new in 2010 and the sticker hasn't come off at all. I don't do a lot of plowing but I'd say it gets at least three hours of use every storm and it snows quite a bit in my area.

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

The problem with clear is it peels and looks horrible. Better to just stick with color.

Check out the guys thread on here that restores them

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Not sure how, but when I bought my older 8' plow (used) I repainted the front with the Fisher yellow paint, applied a Fisher decal I got off ebay for $2, and somehow after 7 years of plowing it's still on there.... the paint is starting to wear off the lower moldboard again but the decal remains... guess I got a really god one LOL

14. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Link to thread? Buddy cleared his and it still looks brands new after 4 years of commercial use.

15. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

No sticker = badge of honour.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Apparently I'm rubbing off on someone.

Showoff

17. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Take one to know one.

And I don't even drive trucks...

18. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Using a heat gun to make it stick better? That is the process used to remove them. That's where you went wrong. They make a clear vinyl that you can put over the vinyl lettering to ''help'' protect it. PS: I have a vinyl sign and shirt business.

19. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would try to put the sticker on while the paint was still tacky.....then use clear fingernail polish to paint around the edge of it and keep it from lifting off.

20. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I hope you're joking. Paint needs to cure before applying any decal, or the gas release will cause quick failure.