1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you have your warning light mounted?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 26, 2004.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Just wondering how everyone has their lights mounted?? I just picked up a nice dual rotator for my ford and am not too sure how I should mount it? I'm going to perma mount it but just looking for tips or tricks as to how the best way is??
    Anyone just have theirs mounted to their roof? If so what did you use to hold it on the roof? Long bolts, self tapping screws. Silicone around the light before mounting it?

Thanks for any help!!
  2. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

If you have a nice looking truck and you don't want to mess it up go with the BackRack
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Back Rack it is. :nod:
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Don't forget about being able to get your truck in the garage with the light on it. Or low overhangs at places you plow. I have a very bright double flash Ecco strobe with a magnet mount. It comes right off when I finish plowing and sits in the cab dry and warm waiting for the next adventure.
  5. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I have all my lights mounted with magnetic mounts. It makes it easy to move/remove if I need to get the equipment into the garage, tight driveways, repairs, etc.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I use all magnetic mounts. Easy on and off and if we hit that low hanging tree it knocks the light off the roof instead of breaking it.
  7. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

4 corner strobes on everything. including S300 and toolcat (2) 2500HD,650 dump. :gunsfiring: You must be seen. If there not on you do'nt know there are there.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2004