1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do you haul your atv with a plow?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by topdog, Jan 31, 2009.

1. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

does anyone use any type of atv rack by chance? tired of pulling a trailer for my atv, & i need my bed space for ice melt, shovels, spreaders, & etc.

was just curious if there were some recommendations on a good hauler.

thanks.

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i have a small trailer that works awesome 5x8 landscape deal. i mounted a alum tool box on the front for carrying gas and tools. its lower so its an easy load type with mesh ramp.

3. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

I run a 18 foot equipment trailer two pallets of salt on front of it wish I had a easier ramp, shovels spreaders and blowers in bed of truck.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I dont haul my trailer and atv in the winter. but I use a 6x12 trailer to haul my quad. Now I have to put a side gate on it for my other atv.

5. kagey

kagey Junior Member
    from Chicago

I have an 5x8 trailer wood floor with mesh ramp. Fits my '08 AC 650 H1 TRV snug but it fits. Only problem I have is I have to disconnect the plow which isn't a big deal. Have enough room for some other stuff like gas cans, toolbox, etc.

6. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

6x12 enclosed trailer

7. Pjslawncare1

Pjslawncare1 Member

I use a landscape trailer right now. I like this topic because I was wondering if anyone is able to get the plow/atv into the bed of their truck.

8. JTLossos

JTLossos Junior Member

I'm using a Karavan 2 place open tilt trailer. Had some initial issues with plow striking the deck and traction problems. Solved the first issue by running a full length 1x6 piece of synthetic decking up centrer of trailer for plow to "strike" on, due to its slippery nature it doesn't gouge like lumber and "floats" the plow ahead until atv levels out on same plane and plow is again suspended above the surface. Second issue solved by adding Ramp Track (TM) traction plates to deck. Even when these perforated galvanised plates appear packed with snow/ice my atv climbs right up there canting the trailer back down.

9. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

I am

[​IMG]

10. pby98

pby98 Member

i use a 6x12 landscape trailer with fold down mesh ramps. makes it real fast and convinent. but most of my jobs with the atv are close so i just drive the wheeler there.

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

my quad just barely safely fits in the bed of my truck without the plow on it. but I have a short bed f250 with a toolbox in the bed.

the day I bought my quad and brought it home
    [​IMG]
    my 6x12 trailer and the one quad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

this is how i hall mine. paid $100 for the trailer. added sides, led tail, and marker lights. i hang the plow just over the front of the trailer, and un hook the winch from the plow and hook the winch to hooks on the inside of the trailer. im looking to add two more hooks to the rear of it.

[​IMG]

works for me, easy on, easy off.....

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

funny you say that. I was loading my atv up on the trailer yesterday to get ready to go ice fishing today and the ups man was walking up the drive as I was pulling up onto my trailer. and he said easy on, easy off.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

switched the tires over, put the plow back on. I am ready to go ice fishing today. this is how I haul my atv with the plow on.
    [​IMG]

15. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

16. xraybox

xraybox Junior Member

17. chuckraduenz

that woudnt work on a full size wheeler,that might evon be dangerous. i can under sand a 50cc or simalar. but not a 700lb atv. great idea.

18. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We use a landscape trailer....

19. Viperjry

Viperjry Member

20. chuckraduenz

i stand corrected. but still id trust a trailer first. somethin about 700lbs ish hangen by a small tube just dosent feel right to me. i also dont think it work to well with a sportsman 500+ with a plow on it. maybe a sportman 300. but thats my thoughts.