1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you handle customers?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Jenyss, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenyss

Jenyss Junior Member

Hello,

I had an unfortunate experience today. I had a customer call and accuse our company of billing them for 3 cuts that they said did not happen. When I checked the records, with him on the phone, I verified that in fact we did cut 4 times in July. He was very rude and continued to argue with me. Has anyone dealt with this and what are some good ways of handling it? I know " the customer is always right" but sometimes I feel like they are trying to scam us!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

they are trying to scam you, AND/or your cutting so little off they don't notice, either way if your documention is detailed enough to prove you were there, they need to pay. However, if this is the "type" of customer that always looks for a better deal, thinks there way is better, etc. Your not going to get your money and stop mowing them now! before your out even more. Don't waste your breath and move on, find better customers that actually appreciate your business.

4. Jenyss

Jenyss Junior Member

Hey Green Mountain,

I LOVE your slogan! I was actually looking for an idea to add to our magnet and I found your reply to someone in Alaska. Anyway, it is terrific!

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

in this case it sounds like the customer is going to be right.... i would take a loss on the mowing done and in the future have them call you whenever they want the grass cut. i don't think there trying to scam you they think there getting scamed.... sometimes business sucks.........

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Why thank you very much:blush2:

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Lawnsite is your best bet for answers and discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.