1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you guys hook up electric spreaders to your atv?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by syzer, Nov 17, 2009.

1. syzer

syzer Member

Just curios I'm going to pick up the small snow ex for our grizzly and before i get it and figure it out I figure it would be easier to ask the guys who have done it.

Pics would be awesome if you have them!

Thanks

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

assuming you have two wire from the motor, take a wire from the positive and negative and run the negative to the negative on the motor. take the positive wire from the battery, add a inline fuse, run the wire up to the "dash" and add a single switch. run the other side of the switch back to the motor. make sure you shrink wrap every connection. at the motor, i used a two way trailer plug to connect and disconnect.

3. syzer

syzer Member

Thanks, that what the plan was just seeing if anyone did it differently =), planned on using the same plug like the buyers spreaders has. Quick and easy.

Thanks!

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

no problem - good luck