1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you guys get treated by your dealers?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Freddy_Kruger, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

I'm kinda mad right now. I bought $4000 worth of lawn care stuff last spring will by 10-15 thousand this spring... anyway, my snowblower attachment belt broke. They say its a half hour job and they've had it for 10 days and counting.
    I phone them up because we are getting 10-15 cms tomorrow, I have 47 driveways and only one back up snow blower. They told me they can't move it up, there are 20 snow blowers ahead of mine, only 6 of them are contractors.

I wished they would have made an effort to get me my snow blower on time I already contacted another dealer but they can't do it on such short notice.

I wonder what would happen if I bought a 48" WB mower and needed to bring it in, oh just wait two weeks.

2. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Local equipment dealers

I have been true-blue to all the people behind the scenes that make my business run.I always get premium service from my GMC dealer to the guy who sells me mowers.Here is how I get that kind of service.
    Every year around Dec. I take the head guy or owner of that business out to lunch (on me) and for about an hour or so we talk about everything under the sun.This helps to build a bond of friendship and trust.I have had equipment go down and when I really needed something I was always allowed to take something right off the floor and use it as long as I brought it back filled with gas and clean.Now I might get that kind of service also because I buy alot of trucks and alot of mowers.I am telling that being a nice guy and paying your bills on time with your suppliers goes a long way.The other thing I do now that I am in business a long time is to have extra blowers,trimmers,snow equipment and yes even an extra truck that just sits so that when one goes into the shop for repair no crew is left without a vehicle.

3. jbone

jbone Senior Member

I have always been impressed by the dealers I use. First impression is everything to me. If I dont like them I walk. If I like them it usually never changes. Especially my GMC and plow dealers, they really are great!!:salute:

4. NorthernILPlwr

NorthernILPlwr Member

I would call and talk to the service manager. Tell him the situation. If he doesnt seem interested in helping its time to pick up your machine and take it to be repaired elsewhere. The repair industry is depentant on 2 things, customer service and quality of repairs. You obviously arent getting the correct customer service. Time to move on. If they are that backed up its time to hire more qualified people for repairs even if its seasonal work. I would not have been this patient. I would have been in someones face by now. Just my .02