1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do you get the bulb out????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by tree bizz, Dec 27, 2009.

1. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

I have a buyers B745283AA I cant figure out how the bulb comes out,I cant believe this is as difficult as it seems to be.I got the top part of the bulb out because it broke off.I cant find an owners manual online anywhere.Please help
  2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

a Buyers What????
  3. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

Its a strobe light,isnt this the strobe light page?
  4. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

It's actually a dual halogen rotator mini-lightbar, also known as the Turbo Beam. From the pics I've seen, I'd say it's the same as a Federal Turbo Beam®, model 211906 for the 12-volt magnetic version with two 95-FPM rotators.
    From an earlier thread here, I checked Buyers' site (even though the link from the other thread was no good). They list a few replacement parts for that model, but don't mention bulbs.
    It has a little clip that holds the bulb into the socket. You slide the clip out horizontally, and lift the dead bulb out. You might need long-nosed pliers or something to get the remains of the bulb out of yours, but don't crush the socket or anything with the pliers. Maybe just put the "arms" of the pliers in under the base plate of the bulb and lift up. Take a look at the drawing in the link below.
    A 55-watt halogen "long life" bulb should be fairly easy to find. Handle it with a tissue or something to avoid getting skin oil on the bulb, which will create hot spots and make it croak early.
    Here's the link to Federal's parts list.

The guy in the January thread called it a strobe, too. It's not, but you're in the right section for that question. Post back if you still have problems with it, or if you get it changed and running again.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  5. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

So, didja get the bulb replaced okay?