1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Fix This???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by zapster, Mar 9, 2006.

1. zapster

zapster Member

...zap! HallStreetI-70Bridge001.jpg

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Oh thats a Major opps :eek: I dont know how they are going to fix that but that driver has some explaining to do.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

looks expensive:cry: :cry:

4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I can't figure out what happened from those pictures...

Were they transporting the crane with the boom up on a trailer?

Because it didn't rip the entire railing
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you have got to be kidding me ive never seen that before but yeah its just like theres a puncture hole in the bottom of the bridge

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That is where having the good insurance comes in handy!
  7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the boom was up to high on the excavator. in other pictures you can see where in punctured about 1/2 way up the side of the bridge. then plowed throught the top. the accident ripped the trailer off the truck where the hydraulic neck detached for loading and unloading. in otherwords, ow, bet that driver felt that little bump. :)
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

this ones a classic but wheres dirt digger to comment on this construction accident.
  9. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I did see that, it was in Florida.

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

With a real big check made out to the state road commision.

Regards Mike
  11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah thats a big check then they have to replace an excavator, a trailer, and maby some repairs on that tractor
  12. zapster

zapster Member

it was actually in kansas

hall street bridge to be exact...

13. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

that hitachi has the long reach boom, 60 feet i think... obv. the driver didnt measure and check his height before leaving the shop, jobsite, etc. big trouble! ive seen before where and excavator was hit by lighting and some pins actually welded themselves together. freaky stuff
  14. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

correction, *hyundai*
  15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i still want to know how it only hit it the center and ripped in the middle
  16. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Its simple.the things highest point hit the bridge half way up on the side and then it started to be pulled back[and it has to go up to go back].I know it was being pushed through the to and not dragged through the side because lateral pressure crunched the trailer. i always wondered what something like this would look like.And as for location, the surroundings suggest out west.
  17. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Its time to break out the cutting torchs and crane.
  18. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

Yeah it happened in Kansas, I seen it in a construction magazine. They were planning on overhauling the bridge in about 10 years or so but might be sooner now. We looked at that and said holy crap, cause another competitor around here hit a bridge too with his excavator and only broke the mounts off the boom for the two top hoses for the cylinder. He still hasn't gotten the bill for that one. And oh yes it ripped the 5th wheel right off the truck and the machine well had little damage. Lucky guy, but not his pocket book.
  19. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Zap,

You are right, it is the I70 Bridge at Hall Street...the driver was eating a cheeseburger and wasn't paying attention as he hit the bridge...on the Police Report he blamed it on having to swerve to avoid hitting the Hamburgler! :eek: