1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you fix this....

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajordan193, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Any ideas on how to fix this mess?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I am a little confused what broke? I know that isn't right but how did you get the aframe off with the pins that go in the pivot bar still on the truck.

Did you spread the mount apart allowing the pivot bar to pop out?

3. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Somehow the a frame and pivot bar separated. This is what I was told as I was not driving the truck. My question is how do I get the pivot bar back into these pins? I'm assuming I am going to need new pins since these must be worn and bent allowing the pivot bar to separate.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Sorry I thought something specific broke. If I was you I would go to westerns website and download the installation manual for your blade and it has plenty of pics and step by step dierections for assembling.

Basically you will end up having to take most of the mount apart to get it back together. Keep us posted on what you find was wrong. I haven't seen it all but have never seen that, curious what happened.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If nothing is too badly damaged all you have to do is pull the two swivel pins, one bolt on each side, then put lots of antiseize on them and put then back into the swivel bar. After it is back together look at how much slop there is where the pins enter the holes. Something must be bent or spread for this to fall out. Of course your angle ram hoses will be broken too but they are pretty straight forward, remove the old and put in new. Once the thing is together run it thourgh all the motions a couple of times and top it up and repeat until the fluid level says full (then you know all the air is out of the system) and you are done except for fixing what allowd it to fall out in the first place.

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Just want to point some things out so you are aware..

space between the shoe stand and the tube. On the left side (looking at the picture and the red arrow pointing) look like it is bent downward..

mainframe.jpg

Look like the pin is bent and missing a bolt (broke off)

frame1.jpg

The hole is oblong (look at the shinny spot). Check the bolt. Possible the hole is also oblong as well

squareframe.jpg

Look like you must of hit something hard at one time to bend the pin and the holes to become oblong.. The plow also look like it hasn't had maintenance done in a very long time.. Also you might want to check your truck frame to make sure there nothing crack.. Just my advice...

mainframe.jpg

frame1.jpg

squareframe.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  8. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

replace the pivot bar new pins a few bolts on the legs all better. its a easy fix.