1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you fing a good dealer

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by toptech72, Dec 6, 2008.

1. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

I went to the SnowDogg web site and looked up the dealers in my area (Maryland). Well after calling 5 of them it seemed like a waste of my time. I asked for a price for a V plow and got the "old give me your number and i will call you back " answer from 3 of them. Well now two days later and no calls. Out of the 5 i called 1 of the didnt even know that there was a V plow. And the other 1 gave me a $6700. price plus $350 for install. I have priced hiniker - meyer and boss and never got a price that high for any of their V plows. So is their anyone here that can give me a reasonable price for a V plow for my 04 Dodge 3500?

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Maybe just got with the boss. Mine work well for me.

3. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

I was hoping to try the snowdogg to see how it holds up. We have a couple of meyers that have been reliable. And the hiniker we have has been great. We have 2 westerns that i would like to replace due to reliablity issues. And we have a boss that hasnt been bad. So if i cant get a good answer from one someone on here that deals with Snowdogg it looks like another hiniker for me.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The V-plow was not available for general release this year. We wanted to put it through another year of field testing. So, unfortunately you will have to find another option for this season. When it does come out - you can be sure it will be priced very well - and will be a great plow.

Regards,
    Scott Moorman
    SnowDogg Plows

5. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

Then I'm one of your testers

I just last week bought a 8'6" vx From Hyde Equipment in Petoskey MI . They said I was the 4th person in the US to buy one. I paid $4700.00 out the door installed and tax. They are the only dealer I guess to be selling the V. If I could let everyone on this site use my plow to see what they are missing by spending way to much money on a name (BOSS,WESTERN.) I'm telling you those two would watch their sales go down the toilet.

6. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

Now thats a deal i would have jumped on. We decided to order two Hiniker Vs for $4950 each delivered. Now i have to install them. We still have 4 more trucks to upgrade to Vs. If we wait untill next year i guess we will try the SnowDogg. If we decide to switch the rest over this year it will be Hinikers.

7. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

I'd wait

If at all possible I'd do everything in my power to wait. These snow dogg vx's are awesome that is the only word i can use to explain them. I'm not even joking.

8. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

Lets see some pics of the v

9. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

plow

Where is a hinker dealer in Maryland

10. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

My local dealer is Auto and truck outfitters in Whitemarsh. If you go to Hinikers web site you will find 5 dealers listed for Maryland. I ordered the 2 Vs i just bought from Chuck's Customs. I found them online and the prices were about $400. cheaper than buying them local. If your looking to buy a Hiniker you should give Chuck's a call. The guy i dealt with was Jon Cronick the number is 330-723-6029

11. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

hinker

Does those dealer open during a snow storm for support

12. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

Posting Pics

How do I post pics on this website. I'll show everyone pics of the snow dogg V if I knew how. Anyone in business should ALWAYS support other local bussinesses. A savings of even $400.00 doesn't justify not buying from a local dealer, because you can always shop them against eachother for a better price.

13. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

The $400 is well worth buying from some one other than my local dealer. For the 2 plows i saved $800. The local Hiniker dealer sucks as far as service and parts. I am glad that besides a hose i havent had any real issues with Hiniker. And when i needed the hose i had to go have one made because my local dealer didnt carry them. They only seem to keep complete plows in stock and not parts. But they could of had one for me i 3 days. When i asked them about getting me some V plows they told me 10 - 14 days. I called Chuck's and they said they would ship them the same day and i had them 3 days later. As a business owner i am all about supporting local business when they want to give good service. My local Hiniker dealer sells aftermarket truck parts as a main business the plows are just a filler. And it shows hell only 1 person in the whole place does the plow sales so if he is out to lunch or off for the day ( i think he takes Mondays off ) then your stuck.

14. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

15. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

I see

That totally makes sense why not to buy from them then. I can see where your coming from now. I wouldn't grace there door with my presence.