1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you figure price?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tyelow, Nov 23, 2014.

1. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

I have read a ton of different threads on what people use to calculate a price everything is different so I still need some help. I have a chance to put a big in on a small lot to plow. I would like some opinions on what to charge. Per season or Per push. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. jerpa

jerpa Member

$80 per push $110 per salt app

3. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

Thanks, how are you figuring that amount?

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

5. jerpa

jerpa Member

I use a dartboard.

5-6x my product cost for salting. Plowing I know what I need to make an hour, how long I think the lot will take, and factor in what the market will bear. Proximity to other sites, type of location, and level of service will also influence my price.

As you can see my price is really a WAG because most of these factors are applicable only to me.

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

And here I was thinking I had the only bid calculating dartboard :(

7. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Be careful. That little cove looks like a drifting nightmare, with no easy place to push it.

8. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

soo....i have a new one asking for a price. its about a half acre. I was thinking 60 per push. or 1200 for the rest of the season. To high? To low?
    [​IMG]

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Look at the amount of changes in direction you're going to have to clean this lot, each take time and we sell time.
    What is the set trigger, is your price for any amount of accumulation and at $1200.00 for the rest of the year how many more events?

10. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

Sorry that was a ******** seasonal price, I was not factoring in heavier snowfalls... Needless to say. I got the bid for $60 for 2-4" and doubles for more accumulation. 5-8" 9-12" and so on. I will see how it goes, if it is more work than I am figuring then I will ask for more, they already told me if i needed more to do it just ask.

11. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

So I guess the contract is meaningless if everything is renegotiable later on?

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Kind of what I was thinking too.

13. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

$60per push? I get more for a driveway that takes less than ten minutes. My prices go by what is gonna take to get me off the couch, PITA factor, and how much I like the client. Thumbs Up

14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It would seem the contract is up for negotiation........

15. kimber750

Get $50 for this drive. Push straight in and don't plow where cars are parked.

IMG_20150109_210151_241.jpg

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That's because it's next to 50th street.......
    But the last lot shown would sell for $145.00-160.00 for the 1st tier around me.

17. kimber750

Funny how that worked out isn't it. :laughing:

18. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It's the simple things that are the best....

19. tyelow

tyelow Junior Member

Nothing is signed yet, the price I gave them was just an estimate, from looking at it online. I went and looked at it tonight and I will be charging a little more.

20. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I want to move to your town That drive here you be lucky get 25 for every 6''