1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Figure A Subdivision?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DozerMan, Jan 22, 2005.

1. DozerMan

DozerMan Junior Member

Hey fellas, what method do you use to give an estimate on a subdivision? I'm talking about newer subdivisions, streets only, no salt, and on a per push price. I didn't know if some of you might go by the number of houses, how many cul-de-sacs, etc. I'm also trying to figure how much more to charge per snow increment (2"-4", 5"-7", etc.).

Thanks for any suggestions or methods!
  2. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

Only real way to do it is to estimate the time you think it will take you to do it, then multiply by what you need to have per hour. That's the way I do drives, parking lots, everything. I always thought roads were the easiest. Just angle to the right and go, turn around and do the other side of the road.
    As far as per inch, I always used a set price up to six inches, then adjusted from there. If people didn't like it, you just got to tell them it's the same as doing it twice.
  3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

1 mile of road = 30min plowing ( avg )
    Cul-de-sacs = 30 min each
    Misc. etc like entrances ( figure in est. time needed )
    *Pushing back corners etc.

Figures based on use of 1 PU w/ 7.5' straight blade.

Per push is 2-4" 4.1-6.0" 6.1-8" 8+" goes to hourly rate.

These are only estimates used for bidding....remember to factor in % for variables that could happen.