1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you fight 2 or 3 inches an hour!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowfighterG, Mar 11, 2003.

1. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

Hey guys this is our answer to serious accumulation rates and yes I know I know there is no snow in front of the blades! Anyone got some pics of how you do it to mother nature. We do all our 2 miles of mains in 30 minutes by what we call the 4 truck rack & stack. It's a beautiful thing!

rack.jpg

2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

When I ran a snow cat we would do that with 10-12 machines. I called it "mowin the lawn"

Howard

3. myo

myo Senior Member

Nice plows and setup SnowfighterG!

4. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

thanks mike

Thanks Mike, and mowing the lawn is a good one I like it!

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Snowfighter,

Nice approch to clearing it out fast to open it up for traffic.

One of the contractors here clears a large mall's crusing/travel lanes out that way when we get a big storm or one that comes late a.m. I Missed the last chain to take picts and video of them plowing it out. Had 3500 Dodge dually with 810 Blizzard in the front and Dodge, Cheve and Fords in the chain. Stretched 4 and 5 across with 810 Blizzards on all of them. Was quite a thing to see from what the other guys on the site said.

Don't think Erie's going to get much more snow so it on the the real Lawn mowing for most of the guys now. Hope you had a good season. Jerre

6. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

Thanks Jerre.........

Definitely doing the chain is a beautiful thing you should see the looks we get when we go by people. So far we have had a long winter, 86 snow events to date but we are hangin in there. The weather guys are saying we might have 50 degrees by Saturday while we were finishing are latest event here at 9:30pm.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

That's the way they plow the Jersey Turnpike, with 5 ten wheelers lined up.

Where's Camillus, upstate?

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I've got some pictures of plowing some of my lots like that in the past, but not on my computer, so I'd probably never find them LOL. And the fleet I was using definitely didn't look as good as that one. Nice set ups!

Here's your fleet in action... and on steroids ;)

row-of-tandems-plowing1.gif

9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I like to the faces of those people...if that where my car I would be dreading rhe shovel...

10. tnt69tnt69

tnt69tnt69 Member

Hey Snowfighter that looks like King's Gate. What's the name of your company?

11. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

it is Jan

Yes it is Kings Gate West how did you guess that? Camillus is about 5 miles outside of Syracuse.

12. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

hey BRL I love that photo ..........

The pedestrians have that I wish I had a shovel right now look!

13. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Cool pict, any more?:D

14. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

moral boosters

Hey guys as a moral booster I take photos of my crew during the snow season and put humorous bubbles over their pics..., here's one. I post them on the bulletin board at the shop for everyone to see everyone gets a big kick out of it!

shovel team 2.jpg

15. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

here's another

Bumper cars...................

big blade.jpg

16. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

another...............

Got Salt?

salt.jpg

17. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

rookie in training........

We even train the little rookies for future snowfighters!!

little rookie.jpg

18. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

G,

Nice picts and a sure morale booster for your guys.

Was working on a Sidewing install today on my truck and some of the guys are so ancious to see it I just got an invite to go out and play tonight. Just think more snow

Wish I could but in the interest of doing it once and not having to go back and fix it cause it just because it's my rig.

Few hyd conn's tommorow and a test check. Just in time for the sun to come out. Maybe I'll get another run at it.

Jerre:D

19. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Hey Pelican I just saw your post right in front of the picture I posted. LOL you must have been reading my mind, or I was reading yours or something. That picture is a town street, so it's not just the Turnpike that gets doen like that. I would guess the Turnpike would have more than 5 at a time, because many smaller state roads around here are done with 6-8 big ones with a couple of pickups or mason dumps trailing behind to touch up intersections & exits etc. as they go by.

I lived in New Brunswick which is more urban than the area where that picture was taken for the "Superstorm of 93". That storm brought us 18" here, and I was in Vermont for that weekend where we got more than 6 feet! Anyway I owned a little Ford Festiva at the time & it was parked on a busy street that was more crowded than that picture shows. So we got home a day after the storm and my little white Festiva was well buried. Didn't get to start dealing with it until Tuesday afternoon, and we were having melting & freezing, so it was basically a block of ice. It took until Saturday to finally get it out of the parking space LOL. I would get home from my job & spend 3-5 hours at a time digging & chipping away at the snow each day. That sucked!!

For those of you who didn't see these, there are a couple of shots of what those cars will look like after that row of tandems has gone by 4 or 5 times LOL:

http://photomail.photoworks.com/sha...3SPrvq/BE633DruHiC4Gc0GS.aBZ1KM0hOoGAiqD3rJFr

20. tnt69tnt69

tnt69tnt69 Member

Syracuse here also Snowfighter.