1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you estimate parking lots?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mjmstaff, Dec 13, 2003.

1. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

I have a guy that wants me to plow a shopping mall and I have no idea what to charge. I never done anything that large and I have no one to ask. Is there a special formula that a I am not aware of? Would I guess how many hours it would take or ???? If I was doing it by myself I would guess it would take me about 6 hours. Thanks Guys!!!!

2. DadnSon

DadnSon Junior Member

Everyone will use a different technique for pricing this out but, I go the hourly route. Everyone that I know in Mich. who are in this biz usually, will use $125 to $140 and hour per man w/truck.
    If you have someone (with truck) to help you plow, you'll cut your time in half, still charge the same as if you were doing it yourself and you can pay him $70 or so an hour for helping out.

6 hour job could reek havoc on you if you do it yourself and it happens to snow again especially, if you have other accounts.