1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Charge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CARDOCTOR, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

GETTING READY FOR NEXT SEASON
    A NEW CUSTOMER CALLED ABOUT PLOWING SEVERAL PROPERTIES

2"TRIGGER
    IF WE CHARGE X AMOUNTFOR 2-6"
    AND WANT TO CHARGE FOR EVERY 2"AFTER THAT
    HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH THAT AMOUNT
    IS IT A PERCENTAGE OF WHAT 2-6 WOULD COST
    OR AM I BETTER OFF CHARGING PER PUSH
    EXAMPLE 12"WOULD BE WHAT I WOULD CHARGE FOR 6"X2

CARDOCTOR

2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

my trigger is 1/2 for sanding and 1 inch for plowing.i charge by the amount of inches total.so if they say 3-6 and we get 3 its one push.i go every 3 inches or try to anyway. if we get a foot i bill 4 times but i may just go out two or three times to that location.i never put how many times im going out to plow them.its $XXXXXX every 3 inches the dot or weather stations say we got total.i know sounds messed up

okay i have a parking lot thats $800.00 every 3 inches.so if we get 6 inches at night i may show up just once and bill 1600.if we get 4 inches i bill for one trip which would be 800.00.its got to be a true 3 inches.so if they say 3-6 and we get 5 i go once and bill for a push.i have an apartment building that pays 1500 every 2 inches.not a big lot but some nice money.i just picked them up before the blizzard the other contractor was doing a crappy job plowing cars in and what not.but look at it this way if you get a foot go out at least twice and bill by the inches total.hope i helped in some way......LOL LOL LOL

3. KenP

KenP Senior Member

John,

The formula we use is to determine how much the job is worth first. Just slap a number on it or base it on experience, other accounts, how complicated is the job, are there places to put snow? Will you need a loader?, Will the account require high maintenance or an extended amount of time on site?, (like the one you do for me) etc.

For the the lowest push i.e., 2"-4" say 200.00 then I multiply that number by 1.7 that will give me my next push 5"-8" 340.00 and I multiply the base number again by 2.5 for my third push 9"-12" 500.00. It seems to work well for me. Anything over 12" is billed at an hourly rate, which can be broken down to any minute pricing you want, IN ADDITION to the highest push price. Now there are instances where you may want to charge more. Are you going to be placing ice melting agents, is that to be included in the price or an additional charge? Are there sidewalks or path ways to clear?

All these factors and others I haven't mentioned, due to forgetfulness and sleeplessness are factored into the pricing. Give me a call and we can talk about what your looking to do and get you headed in the right direction.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003