1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do you back drag?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by blade111, Dec 21, 2007.

1. blade111

blade111 Junior Member

I do a whole bunch of residential snow accounts and have to do a lot of backdragging. I have several Meyer plows (none of which have any downward pressure or back drag blades on them). I have seen other posts that describe what seems to be a typical problem when backdragging...it scrapes well for the first couple feet and then it begins to slide over/pack down snow, leaving behind about 1/2 inch or more. I have seen the products on www.backdragsnow.com and was wondering if anyone has any experience using these. They look to me like they would do a good job but I would also like to hear that from someone who has used one before I try it. Please share your thoughts/experiences or if you have any better ideas.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mine had one made up of steel and put it on hinges does the same thing though.When he goes forward it lays flat on the ground and when he backs up the moldboard frame holds it in place does a good job.