1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do U store your V-boxes?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sno4U, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well, we're gettin' down to the end of the season here and I have to figure out a way to store my Salt Dogg V box. Its the shorter 1500 and it weighs about 450#. So, I was thinking of just getting some casters from the hardware store building a 2x4 frame, and setting it on that.
    I have a cement driveway, so rolling it into the garage would be pretty easy.
    Anybody got any better ideas?

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

I Store MY SWENSONS On A 1500lb Electric Chain Hoist To The Ceiling In The Shop Up And Outta Of The Way Til Next Winter I Will Get Some Pictures

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Stays on the truck. It's a salt Truck nothing else, so it all gets park in the summer. Which works well, lets us start it up run it during the off season. Makes sure everything still works.

4. nicksplowing

HERES THOSE PICS BUT I GOT A NEW STORAGE GARAGE FOR MOST OF THE BLADES AND SPREADERS SO NOW THERE STACKED AND THE FORKTRUCK HAS A NEW HOME:drinkup:

garage 2.jpg

garage 1.jpg

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

92-Chevy-024.jpg

92-Chevy-023.jpg

92-Chevy-020.jpg

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Most guys here are smart enough to store them for the summer with the remnants ( upto 2 yards ) of the last salting still in them.

J

7. nicksplowing

I HOPE THAT IS SARCASM AT ITS BEST? :D:D:drinkup::drinkup:

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Doug and nick nice set-ups....everything put away nice and neet!:drinkup:

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Doug, who makes the red spreader on top? Nice looking shop by the way.

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thatd be a Swenson with a gas engine.

Guess I should own up but that actually my Dads shop. He is in a totally diferent area than me but I store my trailer there during the winter and plow(s) there during the summer. Its also where im working on my truck. I dont have a shop yet but my Dad and I are looking to get a big shop togehter here in a few months or this time next year.

11. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Nick, wish it was. See too many of them in the fall with salt left in them wondering why they snapped the chains.

J

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

My salt dog sits up on the loft of my shop. Just pick it up with the skid steer and slide it off the forks.

13. allarservices

allarservices Junior Member

Where to store your salter isn't the question, how to store it is! OIL, OIL, OIL is the key. I use drain oil to soak everything. Rust is not your friend.

14. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I hope you guys are Fluid Filming it!

15. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member