1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do these timbrens get installed?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikemac, Dec 22, 2005.

1. mikemac

mikemac Member
    from ma

i got a 99 silverado 1500, i ordered these timbrens online and they came used and fully assembled. do they just screw or what?
  2. ehchvac

ehchvac Junior Member
    from ma

dont know about a chevy, but on my f350 you unbolt the bump stops for the axles from the frame and bolt them on in there place
  3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

do one side at a time. jack one side up pull the wheel and pry off factory bump stop.put some lube on the timbren and push and work it in .its easy there is no drilling involved.
  4. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

It took me 15 minutes per side. Just bolt them into the same hole for the factory stop. On my '04 2500HD I had to remove the lower shock bolt. To reinstall, lower the jack slowly until you can get the bolt back in.

There was a steel wedge that had to be placed in between to get the proper angle.

If you have trouble PM me and I'll dig out my instructions.

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Just installed some on my 2000 1/2 ton a couple nights ago. Just crank the steering wheel all the way in one direction, jack up one side, pry out old bump stop, spray cup & Timbren with silicone, twist & push up to insert. Repeat for other side, very simple, took me 30 minutes tops. Here's a link to my before and after pics.