1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do these prices match up??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Jan 14, 2005.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I finally got out today and got some prices on some plows around my area. I only have two dealers -Western and Meyer. I would be putting a plow on a GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab short bed. It has the Z-71 package. And to the best of my knowledge it does not have a snow plow prep package. So this is what i found for prices.

Western--I believe it is a 7.6 Standard Steel plow--part # 60018
    Along with this is all the installation and accessories to make the plow complete.

For the plow only= $3750.00
    Installation=$500.00
    Total before taxes = $4250.00

Meyer--Model is the ST 7.5--i also believe it is the classic mount with the E-60 H quick lift. The meyer plow comes complete with a snow deflector as well.

For the complete package = $3560.00 Installed before taxes

How do these prices compare to some dealers around you.
    I am located in Springfield IL.

Also Sierra 1500 guys (model years 2003-2005) did you have to cut some of your front facia away for the mount?? This Western sheet i have says "requires bumper notching". That is a concern of mine as i dont want to tear my truck apart.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for all your valuable information.
    Any dealers within a few hundred miles have a much better deal for me??
    Thanks, Eric :salute:

2. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I paid $3800 installed for my Boss 7 1/2 super duty. I got it when they were offering $400 of free installation. I had them notch my bumper or should I say the plastic that covers my fog lights. It turned out to look pretty good. I have a 99 Z71 1/2 ton. You may want to add some timbrens to the front of yours. I got mine at www.bsaohio.com. $144 delivered. Good luck from what I can see the prices are pretty close to the same as I paid in Michigan. Breck :waving:

3. lewdo

lewdo Junior Member

Hell why do want to waste money on a plow.....we aren't never going to get any snow here in central Illinois. :cry:

I bought a Blizzard 800 last December for 3650 installed. At the time, I also found a Western down in Macon, IL place called Foremost. It was 3850, I checked back with them right before I had decided to go with the Blizzard and they told me that due to the steel price increases the plow was 4100. Hard telling what it is now.

The Blizzard dealer only has a 810 left this season and he wanted 4000 just for the plow I believe.

Seriously, if I was you, I don't know if I'd buy one now or not. Already the middle of January and I haven't used mine once and the extended two week forecast doesn't look to promising.

Good luck to you.

4. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys!!

Yeah this year has not provided many opportunities for us yet. I am still hoping we get at least a couple 2 inch snows. I dont really know why i went and looked, it would probably next year that i would get it installed ( Fall 2005 ). I guess i thought that if i could get a real good deal on one then i would go ahead and have it put on this winter.

At the rate we are going with all this rain we could have a real early spring.

Come on guys i know i have heard some talk about getting complete plow set ups for around $2800- $3200. Lets hear about where the deals came from.

Thanks
    Eric

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just a heads up for you buying a plow. You want to time any purchases to beat price increases. I know my 7.5' Fisher went up $100 in August 2000. I put a deposit on it in July for that reason to hold it, even though I didn't get it installed for a couple of months.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You don't have your location listed. Price variation really depends on the area, some places are cheap (as low as $2400) some are expensive (up to $4000-$5000) installed. There are a few places you can buy online and have it shipped but you still have to pay shipping and have somebody install it or do it yourslef. Its really depends on how far you are willing go to save a few bucks. Id rather get it done locally and not have to worry about the dealer being 100 miles away.

7. millratf250

millratf250 Member

8' hd mm2 fisher $3600 instal in 6hrs barton motor barton vt

8. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Well my plow is a little bigger then what you are looking at getting and i'm on the east coast. I got a 8.5' Boss superduty straight steel blade installed for $3,500.00 plust 5% sales tax. And that included the handheld controller.

9. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I would be willing to travel--for a good deal

I just thought the price on the western at about 4500.00 installed seemed a bit much. I thought the meyer seemed like a good deal to me, but does not seem to be as nicely built as the western. I am located in Springfield, IL.

The only thing that kinda sold me on the meyer is that there service and parts are open 24 hours when the snow accumulates 6 inches or more. Western did not have anything like that.

Does anyones dealer offer anything like that. To me that seems like the meyer is worth its weight in gold. But i see many more western plows around the area rather than meyer. That could also mean something.

Thanks
    Eric

10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

That is on the high side for a western. You could get any other top of the line plow for less than that. If your gonna spend 4500 US then take a trip up to see me. I'll pay your gas and put you up in a motel for the night.

11. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Now this is a guy that I would like to have running a dealer around my area for the dealer support.

12. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks. For that price I might even deliver one to VA.
    Could use a little road trip if I wasn't committed to plowing.

13. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Bolts

What do you think a fair price is for a western like i have mentioned around my area? If i could get a western for the same as a meyer or a couple hundred more i would put a western on their anyday. With less dealer support and a much more expensive price, the meyer has got me thinking though.

Bolts: you have any used complete set ups for the truck i have mentioned above. I know someone that could install it for me. He installed a western himself. Let me know. vndrwlawncare@aol.com

Thanks
    Eric

14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Probably doesn't help you much, but a 7 1/2' Fisher MM11 (similar to the Western except the cutting edge) is being advertised around here for $3295 installed.

15. empire

empire Member

bumper

The guy that installed mine didnt have to notch it

16. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Empire

You have a new style sierra 03-05?

That was a concern of mine- new truck i dont want to start cutting facias and other stuff. Need it to look good year round.

Any other guys with a 03-05 sierra 1500 have to have your bumper notched. If so what brand of blade do you have on there.

Thanks
    Eric