1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do the new cables hold up?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 100InchHammer, Aug 20, 2010.

1. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

I have a conventional plow and am in need of 2 new control cables. All the ones I see advertised look really weak and they are definitely not a solid wire cable, do these work? And if not where do I buy original OEM cables?
  2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Usually most part stores, (Napa) who carry plow parts can order them....
  3. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

Cool, ty. But do the new black ones hold up as well as the older factory red ones?
  4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

you can check central parts warehose there is a link on the top of the page or you can look up m

mill supply (plow parts online)

or if your really in a last minute thing i know the plow place by my house sells them ive seen them hanging on the wall i can get you a price and a price on shipping to direct to you and i will ship them to you i wont make money on it im not looking to make money on it whatever it cost that is what yo will pay part=shipping= how much you pay plow place is right by my house i can walk there let me know private message me if you want.;)
  5. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

Thanks for directing me to places to get the cables. But I really want to know how the new black cables hold up compared to the older factory red ones. If anyone can comment on that it would be greatly appreciated.
  6. LD4850

LD4850 Member

The red cables have a differant end on them & will NOT work.
    You need to find some red cables & that isn't easy to do.
  7. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Try your local Farm & Tractor store. They carry brand X knockoff cable (with adjuster) that will
    work just fine with your Western Ismark conventional. I bought a set for my last conventional
    rather than driving 30 miles in the blizzard to the dealer. They worked fine at 1/2 the price!
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First to answer the question you asked ;No they do not

Do you have a T stick control? If so the black cables will not work at all.