1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do some of you?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by REAPER, Feb 6, 2007.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Add people under 21 on your insurance policies?

I wanted to add my son and have him start driving my spare truck for some extra cash.

I was told since he was not 21 he would not be covered while plowing snow.

He is almost 20 with a spotless record but it did not matter the minimum age was 21 to be covered.
  2. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Shop around I use Commerce ins here in MA but it took about 6 calls to find someone to cover us
    I'm 20 and my bro is 18 and not many companies would even insure us on our new f550 dump nevermind a plow.
  3. DodgeRam1985

DodgeRam1985 Member
    from Ohio

I run my plow inssurance through a different company than what my regular insurance is through, because I was only 18 at the time. now I'm 22, and I don't have a problem, but I had to look and look and look to find someone to cover me. Good Luck!
  4. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

I HAD an 18 yr old working for me. No probs with ins. I had Erie.
  5. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

My commerical policy covers all with a valid driver license of coarse we pay a higher premium for it too. So I'd check with your agent.

Ray Grimes
  6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Same here if you have a license you can drive with us! We do send drivers license #'s to them once in a while
  7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Try american family they have been able to accomadate me with everything i have ever needed they gave me my first policy at 16