1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do io mount a Western uni mount to a fisher mount?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Maleko, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

i posted this on the western forum as well, just thought i would throw it out here as well..

I have an 01 chevy 2500HD that had a fisher X Blade on it.
    Its noe the back up truck. But i was givin a older western uni mount whaty do i need to mount it to the fisher mount? what i found was a $1200 mount?:(:(
    is this correct? seams way to high of a cost...
    I now i need ot convert the unimount to a 3 plug set up. but am clueless on the mounting..

Thanks.

2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Bump ^ Anyone?
    Thanks

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Were in the world did you find a mount to convert a western to fisher?I've never seen nor heard of such a thing?

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Would it not be chaeper to find any 3 plug minute mount plow? See older 3 plug mm1 around for 1,000 or so all the time.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

:confused: Sell the Western for what you can and get another Fisher. Otherwise you need to remove the old mounts, sell them, buy a new mount, as well as the plow side wiring for the Western....then if your not savvy enough, your going to have to pay someone to install it all as well.....Your fighting an up hill battle, I agree with Brad....sell the damn thing and buy another Fisher.

6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

ya im afraid i agree..... yes they do make a conversion kit to mate the western to the fisher and its a freakin ridiculous price of $1200.00..............

So im gonna look for a used fisher............

thanks all...

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

:confused: :confused: I've never heard of such a thing either. Can you get me a part # on that?

8. Arc Burn

Not being a jerk as i learn new things all the time,but who makes this "kit",not Fisher or Western

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I just looked into it myself....I would have to call BS on this subject. There is no "Kit" on the market today that I can locate. Could one be fabbed from an old western and some marveling ingenuity? Of coarse, but I would think alot of damage would ensue when it gives way to a hard hit. Either way, I would love to get my hands on a few pictures of this conversion kit if it actually exists.

10. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Not trying to bulls*@t you at all. I called my local Fisher and western dealer and they told me i need a conversion kit.. I googled it and found one as well... Let me find the link again....

11. Arc Burn

Not calling anybody a liar but i am my local Fisher dealer,please,show me this link.....

12. Arc Burn

There is however...A unimount to ultramount conversion kit,maybe that was mixed up in plow conversion talk.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

I recalled that earlier, but upon looking it up I discovered it was only $275...I did see a link for a complete (lights, mounts blah blah blah) for $1400 or so.

14. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I think your right about the unimount to the ultra mount...
    i think the dealer misunderstood me perhaps....

15. Arc Burn

LOL! no problem,like i said,i learn new things all the time pertaing to plows and if this thing existed,i want to see it!

16. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I sent you a PM Maleko. You never answered. Maybe I can help you out. You might not have enough posts for PM's though. Where in CT. are you.
    T.J.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Post some pics as well....it's a way to get your count up as well as help other members in the future.