1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do i?????

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Jan 20, 2010.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Anyone have any ideas how I can get my plow onto my tilting snowmobile trailer? I need to transport two plows at once. One will be hanging in the front, and the other I need to somehow get on a trailer so i can tag-along with me..... I do not have access to any lift or hoist or forklift....

Thanks,

Mike

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Does the plow you want to haul attach to your truck? I would try ramps to raise the front of your truck and raise plow and move trailer under and disconnect plow?

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

a hi-lo, maybe an engine lift

4. stillen

stillen Senior Member

yes both plows have the capability of attaching to my truck...... Ilike the ramp idea..... hmmmmmm

i can get an enginelift, but i'm wondering if 800 ilbs is toomuch for that.....

on the end of the trip i do have a fork lift that can take it off....

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

in postion 1 on the lift you should be fine

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why not get a buddy or two and put it in the back of your truck?

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

engine lift works great

8. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Make sure you take pics of what you decide to do. We love pics.

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

How long is the trip? If you are going to put one on the trailer and have a way to get it off, why not put both on the trailer? I would not drive more then 15-20 miles with a plow on the front, Not that the truck can't do it but man it will kill mileage, make for a harsh ride and generally be annoying. Put them both on the trailer and you won't even know you are hauling it.

An engine hoist will be fine. Lift it and back the trailer under it.

10. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

A couple pieces of pipe work well as rollers, using a 2x4 as a pry off the back end if you don't have a come a long.

11. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If you want to make life easier, call a tow truck. request a wrecker for 15 minutes of there time at there convenience. if they come with a flatbed (Companies love to do this, regest a wheel lift and a flatbed shows up, and visa versa.), you can drive it on a couple feet then drop it. Have the guy use a strap connected to there cable to hold it in place while you disconnect, then they can load it on to the trailer for you. A wrecker is even easier, a few straps centered just right and up she goes. Repeat on the other end of your journey.....or flip it on it's belly (blade) then shimmy it off.

It shouldn't take the driver more then 10 minutes tops. Shouldn't cost you anymore then $40 -$45.

12. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

how far of a trip? i know plow front and towing trailer is a no no.

13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It is? :confused:

14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

If worst comes to worst Mike you can bring one over to my house and I can load it on the trailer with my tractor. I'm not sure I'll be able to lift it on too well, but I could push it up on the trailer.

15. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

tow truck guys = good idea.

heck drive over with plow on frt. then drop and have them load in back of truck or trailer.

then no call out only load price.

and if big trip i would load both on trailer.

but make sure trailer and tires can handle almost 3000 lbs total with plows and trailer weight loaded.

16. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Got a come-along? Back up the trailer to the headgear of the plow you want on the trailer, wrap a chain or strap over the front end of the trailer and back to the axle mounts, attach one end of the come-along to the chain and the other to the a-frame or other suitable low attach point on the plow and winch away...

I load my old man's docks onto the trailer this way every spring to haul them down to the boat ramp.

17. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Hey guys thanks for all the suggestions, Deerefarmer thanks for the offer... I was able to load it onto my trailer with ease.....DPW guys in my city let me use their hoist where they load their spreaders down at the truck lot....In fact they even did it for me.....

18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Those guys are great down there. I work in Leominster and they are the nicest guys. Glad it worked out for ya buddy!