1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do i start a website?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dissociative, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

hey guys...i have a page already built for my construction biz just wondering who to host with?

brinkster is where we built it.....but who do i go to for the .com?...there was a lot of choices.

2. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I have had the best luck with hostmonster.com Prices are decent too.

3. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

I've been using Go Daddy for many years. You can't do better in my opinion.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

go daddy is the cheapest and its the best web hoasting

5. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I also used to use godaddy.. Yeah it was fine with a huge exception for me. The dang site was super slow for dial up. And to access your .com email without using outlook was near impossible to do in under 30 minutes. The customer side of the site/hosting was flawless though, it was just too slow to manage the site with their site/tools. I also had godaddy servers overload twice on me when Host Monster never failed. If you have anything else besides dialup...godaddy will work good. It is just not my first choice though regardless of connection type. Close 2nd.

Matt

6. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Seems anything on dial-up would be slow..just my opinion though.:nod:

7. MattR

MattR Senior Member

yes that is correct. Although being on dial up there is different speeds of slow. Being able to get a drink from the fridge before page opens is the "fast" slow. Being able to go the the bathroom and get a drink from the fridge is the "normal" slow. Then you have the slowest of the slow speeds, the type where you begin to see cobwebs developing on your eyeglasses while waiting for the page to load....:laughing:

The reasons there is a difference in user interface speeds between godaddy and host monster is the type of interface they use. When I used them, godaddy seemed to have a maze to go through to get to the pages to edit your site. Host Monster was about 2 clicks and I was there. Both were very reliable hosts, was only posting my preference and why I chose that one just in case somebody reading this is on dial up like I am.

One thing godaddy has over host monster is if you buy your domain through godaddy, they do offer free hosting as long as you do not mind an advertisement section at the top. Not very professional looking in my opinion though.

8. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

have you heard of: just host.com?

9. Dissociative

thank you so far........i am loving these reply's...

i will have 2 sites soon to show off...

10. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

George,

i got a guy if you need one,
    he built my site for 400 bucks no hosting fees, yearly fee of 11 bucks i believe.
    great to deal with

chicagowebworks.com

i think, might be wrong.

its all on GoDaddy, which i love.

11. Dissociative

i got the one site on just host now......but i want the other up so i still need help..

the current help i had is exhausted.

12. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Your site must be using the free hosting at godaddy then. Otherwise yearly fee would be more. Free is fine if you do not mind godaddy throwing advertisment at the top. IMO it makes it look cheesy..lol.

Matt

13. SPD

SPD Inactive

Feel fee to give me a call I can help you out.

Rob
    216-408-987

I used to use go daddy but anymore they are not your best choice. There servers run slow especially in the admin area, If you want a brand name vendor I would go to host gator.

I also have my own webserver and sell hosting for 8.50 a month. I will gladly help you and give you some help with your site as well.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  14. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

My wife created ours. Check out the link below. She pays like $15 a month to host it through Yahoo.

15. Dissociative

well....i'm still workign on this

16. SPD

SPD Inactive

Give me a call I'll be glad to help you out, see where your at and point you in the right direction.

Rob
    216-408-9874

17. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

godaddy.com...that's who mine is with...look at the spokesmodels! that should make you wanna choose it anyhow!prsport

18. WGLand

WGLand Junior Member

Intuit the maker of Quickbooks has website hosting as well.

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

20. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Dreamhost.com Best choice (no crashes, no overload, fast.)