1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I repair this??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rb8484, Oct 17, 2009.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I am in the middle of repainting my plow and I am putting it back together and was wondering how this can be fixed. I cant seem to find a repacment part. It is off the headlights, both of mine rounded out when I was taking the lights off. Im sure many of you have had this issue.

2. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Take it to a welding shop they can fill it in and you can grind it smooth, and a bit of filing to square it up perfectly.
  3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

cheaper just to buy a new light.... i charge $55.00 hour - one hour minimum...
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

You could probably just tack-weld a heavier washer over the hole & die-grind the slot into it. I've had this happen before, usually the threads on the studs are so rusted, it tears that little plate apart.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Tack weld a carriage bolt in there
  6. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Only problem with that is no more vertical adjustment of the lights. Better hope to get it right the first time!
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Ooops! Go ahead and ignore my advice.

You could use a carriage bolt though. You just need to grind a couple flat spots on the end so you can grab it with a wrench to tighten the nut.
  8. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I had that happened to me last year. I went and bought just the casing of the light, can't remember what i paid for it but it wasn't to expensive if i remember correctly.
  9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

$40 if i remeber it was a ripoff
  10. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Acually a buddy of mine had some older style meyer lights that were in great shape and he sold them to me for $20.:nod: It had the same type carrage peice so I took them off of his lights and reiveted them back on my lights. Maybe it will be a good winter and I can get some halogens later this winter!!
  11. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

as mentioned before, carriage bolt and the welder. aim the light and stick it.