1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I remove the spinner?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by yardatwork, Nov 19, 2011.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

I have a Buyers SaltDogg TGSUV1B and after two years the motor has seized up. Have a new motor in had, but now I can't seem to figure out how to get the darn spinner off. I pulled the pin on the shaft but with no success. It looks like there is a hex screw that tightens a sleeve over the motor shaft...correct? Well, if that is the case...I think the hex tightening screw is rusted beyond me getting a hex wrench into the hole. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...Jason.

2. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

Figured it out. The poly spinner needed removed to get to the shaft...hex head is gone so all I can do is buy a new shaft.

3. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

If you can remember, before you put it together, spray it down with WD40 and then assemble it. If you pressure wash it after every use, it will also last longer and slow down the corrosion.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Anti-Seize would be a better choice.

5. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

I did pressure wash after each use. I believe that's how I got two years out of it vs. the normal one year I hear people talk about. I sprayed the thing with WD-40 just about every other month...the corrosion was just too much I guess. I cleaned it before storing over the summer and really went crazy with the WD-40. Still seized up on me. Rust is the nature of the beast.