1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Do I Reduce Front End Sagging?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MIAWPUKEK, Oct 26, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Anybody got any suggestions on how I can reduce the front end sagging on my 2004 F150 (new style) when I puts on my plow??? Will ballast in the box (pushed all the way to the back), make much of a difference? Or do I need load absorber things in the front suspension? If so, where's a good place to get them? I can get them around here for around 200 - 300 bucks, plus installation.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

They are called Timbrens.They install in place of the factory bump stops. They are about $150 for your truck installed. Most on line places that sell plow parts stock them.

3. Swinn

Swinn Member

It would be nice to just add a leaf but the F150 went from torsion bars to coil springs up front in 2004 I believe. Maybe there are some heavier coils springs, air bags, or the timbrens. Good luck.

4. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

What pow are tou using to make the truck drop so much? You can get a air system that will help.
    :drinkup:

5. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I'm using a 7'6" Western Ultramount Pro Steel Blade. So it's kinda heavy, plus I don't know if the truck has a soft suspension or not, it rides pretty smoothly.

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You can have too much wheel travel, which could lead to early shock replacement because the the shocks get overextended.

What year F150 is it, what is your front axle weight rating?? Maybe you are just overloading the truck....and adding timbrens or what ever may stop the sag, but if the front end is overloaded you can end up wearing front suspension parts quickly... Just foor for thought...

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

What are you running for ballast?

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Uh oh, here we go again. LMAO

9. ratlover

from IL

10. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

right now for ballast, I use a few bags of sand, but I was thinking about putting those patio blocks in there, cut to fit the shape of the box.What do you guys think?

11. ratlover

from IL

How much weight? Just make sure its behind the rear tires and its secure if something happened.

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How to stop front end from sagging?
    Get an 3/4 ton with a plow prep...
    The right tool for right job!! you can't drive a spike with a tack hammer:nono:

I know your trying to get by with what you have but, your better off selling the 1/2 ton before you beat the s#!t out of it and get a 3/4 ton. IMO

13. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I line the bed with cinder blocks, at about 35 pounds each and they fit quite nicely

what are your front springs rated at now?

14. Ferrarilou

Ferrarilou Junior Member

Leveling Kit

Search Ebay And Google For A leveling Kit For 2004 F150. I Put One On My 2005 F350 And Its Perfect. The Front Is As High As The Back, And It Reduces Sag From My 9.2 Boss Vplow. It Raised The Front 2.5"