1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I put ProWings on This Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by firstclasslawn, Nov 19, 2005.

1. I don't know how I would put my prowings on this plow, do you think I would have to use a holesaw to drill through that bracing....will it weaken my plow>?
  2. Heres the pictures

Here are the pics

3. danno

danno Senior Member

Does the place where you would drill the 1" hole be right in line with the bracing, or next to it ?
  4. I havent measure

I havent actually measured yet, but from the looks of it (while holding the wing up) I will need to put 2 of the 3 whole right through the thick reinforcement!
  5. danno

danno Senior Member

As far as "reinforcement", are you talking about the flat stock bracing going vertical and horizontal, or the thicker part along the bottom ?
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

To me it didn't look like the pro wing would interfear with any of the brackets. Mine only come in on the plow itself about 8" and they mount towards the bottom half (just under half of the height of the plow)
  7. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

Cardboard is lighter than steel!

Make yourself a cardboard mock-up of the wing, cut the hole out that would be the pin, mark up the other brackets, clamp the pin type brackets onto your plow.
    This will give you a better idea of how it will look. Do not forget to add enough cardboard at the bottom to simulate the rubber edge.
    If its is the drilling of 3/8" holes in the outermost edge, I would not worry about that a bit.
  8. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Ahh the old style Boss with the boxed in moldboard.

Go ahead and drill through the moldboard and the rear bracing. Then take your Prowings and weld on a longer pin identical to the stock pin.

Go plow.
  9. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I put some prowings on a Boss superduty plow like yours. Adding length to the Prowing pin is a problem because of the arc that it travels through the moulboard. You have to make the hole very large for the pin to pass thru. So I cut the pin off of the Prowing and drilled it out so I could pass a pin through the Prowing and the moulboard. I also welded in a section of tubing in the double thickness moulboard. This adds stiffness to the plow back so I didnt have to use a backup plate(washer) that comes with the wings. It also keeps water out of the box section. I ran this plow with the wings commecially for about 6 years with no failure to the plow boxsection or the wing mounts.
  10. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Oh yeah, I get it. Mark that was pretty cool.:cool: