1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I put an Ultra mount on a 1st generation dodge?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fross60200, Nov 7, 2013.

1. fross60200

fross60200 Junior Member

All I run are dodge trucks and ultra mount plows. I just bought a 1st generation 1991 250 Dodge Cummins for my personal truck. Since the rest of my newer dodges have ultra mount plows I would like to run the same on my 91.
    Is there a conversion kit available?
    Or does anybody have suggestions on how I can make it work?
    Thanks
    Frank

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I think what he means is that he wants to use an Ultramount plow on his truck

4. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Well, if you cannot purchase an ultramount bracket (I don't know if they make it or not) then you can install a unimount truckside with the adapter.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

They do not make an Ultramount and how does the adapter work backwards?

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You are right My county Has a 91-92 Ram that was only way they could put a ultra mount plow on or weld a set ultra mount brackets on

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I think you're right, and I was wrong.

It appears that the adapter allows you to utilize a unimount blade on a truck with a ultramount truckside.

so... instead of killing yourself trying to do this, or having to fabricate something complicated, just buy a unimount bracket and blade and you're good to go. At least that's what I would do.....

Come to think of it... that's what I did...Thumbs Up

8. Antlerart06

They make a adapter for unimount truck mounts to hook up to a ultra mount
    My County has a truck that has a unimount truck mounts and bought a adapter plate to hook up a Pro Plus 8.5 Not sure if they got from western or where I'll ask my cousin he works there

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No I don't think so. You might be thinking ULTRAMOUNT adaptor to fit a UNIMOUNT. I'm thinking it won't work backwards

10. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes not from western anyway !

11. Antlerart06

My Cousin said they didn't buy from Western but at a dealer sold western.

He was going to find out who made it. He did say they had to buy the 2 receivers so ultra mount plow could lock on.
    I talk to him this morning and he wasn't at the shop to look then, he said would call me back when he found out and he hasn't.

Soon I find out I'll post the info.

12. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no there's not an ultramount mount available for a 91 Dodge. They just went back to the '94. And if you are saying that this 91 already has a unimount mount on it, no there's not an adapter to go onto the unimount mount that would let you hook to an ultramount plow either.