1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I post pictures

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by Kenyou, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I need help in attaching pictures on Plow Site.

The problem is that there is no Attachment or Browse button in this area. There is only a Manage Attachments button and that doesn't seem to do anything that I can see.

Here is the info I got from chuckwk's post, but that was made in 2004. It doesn't jive with what is on the site now.

Here are the basics steps.

1. Left click on Post Reply,
    2. Type a message or short note in the "Your Reply" area,
    3. Below the "Smileys" on the left going down the page you will see the area: "Attach file: to the right of that there will be a "Browse..." button, left click the button 1 time.

Now you will have a file from your hard drive open up.

4. Find the file/picture on your hard drive you want to post on LawnSite.
    5. Double click or left click to select the file/picture, then hit the enter key.
    6. You can then check your spelling or Submit your Reply.
    If you picture is within the parameters of LawnSite.com 800 x 600, your picture will be posted, if not you will get a message that your picture is too large.

If you get the message that your picture is too large you will have to resize the image. You must have a software program that allows you to edit/manipulate images.
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

When you click on manage attachments a window should open up where browse will be listed. You should then be able to attach you photo if it's size is within the parameters of the site.
  3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

just to further Tom's point - when you are posting, scroll down and you will see where it says "Manage Attachments"...click on that and you will be able to browse your desktop for an image or choose a specific url where your image is located...once you have your image, click upload and it should appear (if it is not too large).

*****You need to make sure the image is within the specifications for the site...if it is to large, you will need to re-size the image in order to fit the site requirements or it will not be uploaded to the site
  4. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky