1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I post a picture from my phone?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Marshalljt, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Marshalljt

Marshalljt Junior Member

I cannot figure out how to attach a picture on a comment with my android.

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

You have to switch your phone to desktop view then i believe that you have to type at least 9 characters. You'll see a paperclip click on that it will pull up your gallery then you choose from your gallery up load it then follow the prompts. Here a hint the pictures you want to up load screenshot them. I don't know why but it's easier to get them to load.

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

The first couple of times its a pain. Once you get the hang of it its easy

4. Marshalljt

Marshalljt Junior Member

How do I switch it to desktop?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Need Firefox or chrome. Click on the 3 bars at the top.right

6. Marshalljt

Marshalljt Junior Member

Got it thanks for your help

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, the mobile version of the site is set up for simplicity and does not have the complete functionality that the desktop version does. that being said, to post pictures, you may be able to go to your "Menu" and choose "View Full site" and once you do that you may be able to upload a single image at a time from your mobile device

you would also need to check the size and weight of the images to make sure they fit within the specifications for the site. images taken from a mobile device usually tend to be larger, at least on my mobile and that too could be preventing you from being able to upload

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Size and WEIGHT of the pic.....didn't know p.s. had a weight restriction....Bahahaha

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

:laughing: good one

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I thought my phone felt heavier today.

11. Grump1

Grump1 Member

Had to do a few keyword searches but finally got it figured out for android systems.
    You have to hit the 3rd button on the bottom left of the galaxy phones, you known the button never used much.
    Then select desktop view, bingo full site!
    When creating a post you will notice a series of icons at top of text box , select the paper clip icon or 'attachment' icon.
    Then select upload photo, go to gallery, select, then pan right to upload button. Hope this helps!! :salute:

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Let's see a pic.

Screenshot_2015-02-24-17-20-47.jpg

13. Grump1

Grump1 Member

Tough to be the operator and camera man, but of the few I have, here ya go!
    All from android phone.

20150213_153053.jpg

20150215_165444.jpg

20150131_054218_LLS.jpg

20150213_115734.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015