1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I make halogens on an older Whelen double flash?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JFon101231, Oct 19, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I have an older 9000 series bar, and it has 2 steady burn take downs in the front, and 2 alternating flashers in the back. I'd like to make the alternating flashers do a double flash before alternating to the other side - if this is possible with my existing bar, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks! Jeff
  2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Its not possible with the built in flasher and I would not suggest messing with and older bar. They can be costly to fix. It would take running your own flasher into the factory wiring and again not something I would recommend.
  3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Bummer - well, thanks for the reply.
  4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well it is possible if you had the matrix bar 9622 model .. if you took out the lightheads . there a lil switch to adjust the flash patterns on the rear halogen flasher to steady or double single or simotaniously mode .. but thats the only model i seen them on ..