1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I know which plow I have?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bossman 92, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, I bought a used 7'6" western plow yesterday and of course all the stickers are gone and I need a wireing kit and the truck side mount. How do i find out what plow I have so I cross reference and fine my hardware and wireing kit?

O yea, the plow has a meyer pump and motor in it now. :gunsfiring:

Bossman

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hmm well pictures would help

3. Bossman 92

Good call! Give me a few mins.

Thanks Bossman

4. Bossman 92

Here you go!

IMG_0638.jpg

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Appears to be a Uni-mount Pro-Plow, probably mid to late '90's era.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yup thats an older Unimount with a Meyer E47 on it. Depending how much you're willing to spend, you may be better off keeping it the way it is. Unimount power Units can get pretty pricey. Nearly the same as a used plow. All you'd need is a Meyer truckside harness and controller and a Unimount truckside bracket. It'll prolly move pretty slow with that 47 though. On the upside, Meyer harnesses are pretty cheap.

You're also missing a pin on the bottom right for the head gear to pivot on.

7. Bossman 92

Thanks guys, I had no idea! Anybody know where I would find a Unimount truck side bracket? Also I think the pump and motor have been convereted to the western wireing system.

On a side note I am going to tear the plow apart tomorrow and send it to be blasted and painted.

Thanks Bossman

8. Bossman 92

BTW, I paid $500 for that unit. Good price or not?

Bossman

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You did good on the $ side.

Looks like it has a western harness for the lights and the pump has the 3 wires for the meyer harness. You will have to get the meyer truck side harness and controller. You can get a little creative for the lights by using a truckside headlight cross harness and part of the main harness with the relays a little wire and a toggle switch.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Andrew,

Good buy!

Now all you need is to run up to cross truck and get the truck mount, or try to find one on Ebay or CL.

Meyers harness and controller from Evans, If you putting in on the 85, I would just wire the turns/markers in to the truck harness and the headlights on a toggle swich..

11. Bossman 92

Cross truck!! Thats good! U and I both know that if we pulled our money together we still couldn't afford anything from them. :laughing:

Bossman

12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Well with the money you have ! LOL

Bust out the welder and touch and fab a mount up!!

--- Ok your right i'll look around on CL and if i see one i'll let u know