1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I i.d. my used boss vee plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by droptine, Jul 8, 2007.

1. droptine

droptine Member

Can anyone tell me how to identify the used Boss 8'2" poly vee that i inherited when I bought an 04 F250? Specifically, how to tell the differance between all the newer mounting systems, and does the MFG serial # give an indication as to what year this plow was manufactured? I didn't recieve any paper work or manuals and am trying to figure out which one I need. This plow needs some parts replaced, and i want to referance the correct manuals when I search for them.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

When looking for the mfg. serial number look on the back of the center section of the plow. Where the 2 wings piviot. Then I would go to www.bossplows.com and you can get a full owners manual for your plow. You can also call your local plow dealer and give him the serial number and he can look it up and give you a idea of the mfg. model year.