1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I handle a flat with plow attached?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by fortywinks, Jan 21, 2012.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Spent the morning in my 99 Sport Auto with 7' BOSS Sport Duty, about four hours of plowing. Noticed nothing unusual when I drove home and parked it. 2 hours later the passenger side front tire is completely flat. The plow is still attached. Is there anything different I need to do to remove the tire since the plow is attached?

Loosen lugs, chock the wheels, jack vehicle and remove tire. Or should I attempt to disengage the plow first? Any help and advice is most appreciated.

Will also be posting this on the BOSS Forum
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I'd put the plow in float while you're jacking it up.
  3. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

jack it up, youll be ok with the plow on
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just put it in float and jack it up.
  5. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Where you at? Using my TJ in Valley City. You must be near Akron if you got 4. We saw maybe three.
  6. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

change the tire
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Drop the blade, leave it in float. Jack up the truck, change the tire.

Another duplicate post. Awesome.
  8. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

Just like you would it the plow weren't attached , Jack up , change tire . Or if you have a plug kit , jack it up air up the tire and plug the hole . Not rocket surgery !
  9. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Well I just went ahead and removed the plow. Removed tire (it had a large screw or nail in it) had it patched, then I put the tire back on. Had to jack the plow up a little to remount it but no problems. I'm back in business. Thanks for the answers anyways guys.

10. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

I'm in Rocky River. We had about about three inches as well. I ended up taking the plow off, jacking up the Jeep, removing the tire (it had a large screw or nail in it), had it patched, then I put the tire back on. Had to jack up the plow a little bit when I went to remount it but all is now well again.
    I'm thinking about getting rid of my 2007 Silverado and getting a 2nd TJ. Love that thing. Maybe try to reinforce it enough to hang a 7.6 BOSS V on it like Plowmeister has. Of course I can't carry alot of firewood in a Jeep, which I use for heat in the winter.
    Thanks to all who offered their assistance.