1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do i get this cylinder to go back in?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by maelawncare, Dec 11, 2008.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Ok so i went through and changed out my quandrant tonight. After getting the new one on. The drivers side angle cylinder was off just a little bit. I couldnt get the pin back in. So i thought i would try angleing the plow just a tad. It it to come in some. Well after that didnt work i tried to get it to go the other way. And yea, now you see what im left with.

Do i need to take the cylinder off and disconnect the hose to get it to go back in? or is there some smart way to do it. Im stumped and pissed after having to grind the old bent pins all to hell to get them off.

Here are the pics.

PC110015.jpg

PC110016.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

remove the hose fittings from the cylinder and push the cylinder in by hand? That will just make a little mess on the gound but it should move back and forth with the hoses off. (at lease in my experience with other cylinders, not on that specific one)

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Put the plow on the truck and loosen the fittings on the other angle cylinder, then lift your blade a touch and by hand move the blade untill you can get the pin in. JMO