1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I get this 700lb Plow in my P/U Bed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ShoreLineCT, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

New to the forum and I have a stupid question, but need help figuring it out. How do I get a 700lb plow in the back of my pickup bed. It's only two of us and I don't believe we can do it. Any helpful hints. I have the mount for the plow and was figuring I could install the mount and drive it home but there is no wiring so I would not be able to raise the plow (that could be a problem). I was thinking of an engine hoist. Thanks in advance. Great site. Anyone in CT with a fisher MM2 mount want to drive it home for me?
  2. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Plow problem

You could try jacking it up a foot or so then you could short hook your chain til you get home.Or drive it up on some ramp to shorten the distance between the chain and plow and short hook it.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

might wanna try someone with front loader or maybe some wide ramps and wheel it up or one of those lttle winches 1200 lb cap do it like that
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hook it up to the mount, then take a floor jack and jack up the frame of the plow, as it would be while you were diriving it home,.....then unhook the chain (short chain) and re hook it tighter and higher up....release the jack, and the plow will fall about 2 inches, but should stay off the ground for you to drive it home...

or just lift it 1 end at a time if you can eadh lift 125 lbs, you should be able to lift one end, and then the other, iv done it and mine is closer to 800
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

If you have access to an engine hoist, you can use it to lift one end as well. Then lift the other end and slide it in. Not the easiest way but it works. I use my hoist for lifting all kinds of stuff, certainly a lot easier on my back.
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If it was me.....lol

I would break it down into manageable pieces.
    (bring some tools)

1. Remove the moldboard from the push frame/blade frame.

2. You and your friend can now lift one end of the moldboard and get
    it to sit on the back of your truck.

3. Go to other end and lift and slide it in.;)

I bet you can get the rest of it in with no real problems...

7. snoking

snoking Senior Member

lol...lay it on its face(moldboard down). Both people lift on end and set on the tailgate. then both people lift the other end and push it in the back of the truck. two people no problem.
  8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

And unloading it is even easier......Just back up fast and lock-up the brakes.....lol
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

This is the best.
  11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would use ramps that just me
  12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

This is what i did to unload my 8ft mm2. I pulled it off with it still on gate. put a couple 2x4's under it pulled away from it slowly. then got someone else to help me and we picked it up kicked the board out and lowered it on the face of the blade. and to put it up right i winched it up with the atv. in your case put the plow down on the face of the blade. get someone else to help like u said u had. prop a few 2x4's or something under it so when u back up it will rest on the tailgate. then when you back up to it kick boards out so plow rests on gate then pick other end up and slide it in. I took my plow out of my f250 so it wasnt easy. but thank god i didnt have to load it on my truck the dealer did it :). good luck lemme know how it works out.
  13. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well I just did it by myself with an old Meyer 8ft steel a few years ago. Picked one end up into the bed, lifted the other end and held it against myself while my wife backed the truck slowly and I just pushed it in.
  14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I lift one end up and have one of my kids put a saw horse under it and then I back the truck up to it and then I lift the other end and slide it in. I do the same when I take it out.
  15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

use a chain hoist if possible but i dont think u plow is in the garage.
  16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

just call a helicopter lifting service, they should have it done in ni time! They could follow you home and take it out too. lol

I have heard of the way using the saw horse done though, thats probably your best bet
  17. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

steroids and have rager wesport
  18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Totally agree with this and would do it the same way, the pieces will be very manageable that way....i know because i rebuilt my plow and had to move the pieces around by hand.
  19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

call up my guyussmileyflag

20. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

:eek: looks like a bunch of tumors!