1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Do I Get The Pump/Valve Cover Off?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chris-R, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Okay, so I’m going to sound a little stupid here but here it goes anyway. A few months ago, I bought a new Boss 8 foot superduty straight blade. I want to open the cover to the pump & valves and familiarize myself with everything in there. My dumb question is how do I open the cover? I removed the two thumbscrews at the top of the cover but I couldn’t get the cover out from behind the lift cylinder. Do I have to remove the lift cylinder to remove the cover? If so, in order to remove the cylinder, and so the ram doesn’t move when doing so, with the plow down, do I put the plow in float or not? Thanks for your help.

2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

you have to remove the lift cylinder. in order to match them back up when done, you may have to put plow in float to free up the cylinder in case things have moved

3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Thanks Jamie. I appreciate your help.