1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do i get parking lots and landscaping

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowpro, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i been plowing driveways and im sick of it
    i want parking lots how do i get them do i advertise or do i go knock on building doors what do i do and how do i bid by the hour or the job or inch please help
    and when should i start asking:mechanic::redbounce:cool:

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I thought since land was so scarce in those states that all by places like home depot had parking garges, or is tht just stanford?

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

If you really want to plow those big lots bad.....Try contacting USM United States Maintenance..They have a web site you can request info...Also Symboit,Dentco,..Most of the large lots are controlled by National Maintenance Companys.

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

who are you, what have you done, and what do you have. dont take these on if you cant handle them twice over in equipment, know-how, people, and money. Dont expect to get paid upfront at all, most are on a 6 month'ish percentage breakdown. these place will gladly hire a "guy with a truck" believe me, should they? god no,,,will they?,,,,sure. make sure you DAMN well are ready to handle "mega lots",,,,and i mean DAMNNNN sure.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

anyway, like Matson stated alot of the big box store are controled by national mang co..... be very careful with them. Just because you land the "big One" doesn't always mean you'll make $ at it... read their contracts very carefully and only YOU can decide if your willing to take the risk. You have to know your limitations and potential liabilities. What equipment do you have? will the lots require a loader with pusher? are your going to buy or lease? do you have a salter for these larger lots (and Im not talking about a tiny tailgate sander (no offense to anyone that has one). Where are you going to store your bulk salt? how are you going to load the bulk salt? please don't tell me your going to use bags..... YOU NEED TO HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPTMENT FOR THE JOBS YOUR BIDDING ON! Whats your back up plan when the BIG ONE hits? I'm not trying to discourage you but there is a ton of prep to get these larger lots.

Start now and cold call (or face to face). Ask whoever is in charge of property mang if their accepting bids for snow removal for this upcoming winter season.

HIH
    Mike

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I would suggest becoming a subcontractor for an experienced contractor for more learning experience.

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

my driveways

:gunsfiring:most of my driveways i got from my old boss he owns a landscaping company and when people call to have there driveways plowed he would give them my number

i thinks thats better to subcontract for a bigger company at least you wont have to worry
    about the bidding they bid and pay you i thinks thats what im gonna do:jester:

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

This is good advice:nod:

9. snowplowpro

from NJ

as long as it pushes snow who cares what it is payup:yow!::cool::salute:

96 f250 7.6 western unimount
    95 f350 7.6 fisher minute mount
    05 f250 7.6 western ultramount

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  10. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

a prius with a cardboard box on the front of it pushes snow too.

i cant come up with a more solid answer than what i posted yesterday, so feel free to re-read it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A Jeep Liberty with a SnowBear and an F550 with a Blizzard 8611 both push snow........

12. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Wow, I thought we've given pretty damn good advice... If your that sensitive, maybe your not ready for commercial accounts.

13. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

big lots

Even when you're ready ..... You ain't ready. Try starting with a bank or daycare center or Ins. office. It 's not as big a deal if you have mech. trouble when you're doing Res. work. If you don't cover the Comercial work on time you get replaced.

14. snowplowpro

from NJ

ok thank you i will theres plenty of them by me in my area :laughing::laughing:prsport:drinkup:

15. snowplowpro

from NJ

theres enough by my area hopefully to get some lots
    why so you could tell icey and he can make money off of lots threw my company:laughing::laughing::gunsfiring:

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We should of asked what part of NJ you from. Because if it's outside Icey's area he may refer it to Timmy that's on PS.

17. snowplowpro

from NJ

hey grandview were you from cause theres is a grandview company around the area were my friends from wondering if it was one of yours.:laughing::laughing::laughing:prsport

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it is. I'm franchised all over the Northeast.

19. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

time to move on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.