1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HOW DO I FLUSH OLD FLUID OUT OF PUMP & RAMS ON ISARMATIC MARK-lll CABLE OPERATED

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FullSizeR, Jan 19, 2008.

1. I've got water mixed in with my plow fluid, in pump unit & rams.

What's best procedure to flush out the whole system?

And what's the best plow fluid to use ?, when refilling the system.

Also, is there any way to fill this older style cable operated pump unit, (faster & quicker), besides the fill plug whole on the unit?

How do you free up the Lift Valve Adjustment Screw, on this older cable pump unit, after all these years?

I can't get it to move, should I try heating it up??

"Thanks~Alot,

For Any & All Help!"

SNO-BIZ, BuTcH's Sno-Plow'N

Fulton, a Southern, JEEP, Border Town of, Wisconsin

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

good luck..

Predictions come true lol..
    Happy cold spell:drinkup:

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

flush

take the motor off ,drain housing ,clean scum out clean the filter ,fill with kerosene put jack under the plow lift off floor,take the hoses off the cylinders with a old hose screw into the port , put a drain pan under hose, pull the plow to the side that is off ,several time's to push the old oil out ,put the hose in a can of kerosene, pull the blade back ,taking kerosene in and then out to flush the cylinders out .draw clean oil out of a can to flush kerosene out. cycle the pump with the hoses into a can to flush out the valve .dump the kerosene out do the same with clean oil to get the kerosene out .hook up the hoses ,run test ,top off .don't heat the valve unless it the old brass valve ,or you will melt the newer plastic one .if it is and strips out the Allen hex ,you will have to drill it out ,there are o-ring's on both . boss oil is good or any plow oil that meets mil spec 5606 . this is the only way i know !

4. SnoFarmer, Thanks Alot for all your help, I'll be working on it again tomorrow.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

no prob it was a little chille outside today so I had the time lol

6. Hey wild bill, Thanks Alot for all your help, I'll be working on it again tomorrow.