1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I fix the bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by chasity2682, Apr 13, 2010.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

Alright so i was taking out some stumps with the kubota B7800 and I am on my last one, It must way more than 1000lbs cause the La 402 loader isn't't picking it up. I could tilt the bucket and lift it up so we kept propping it up until i had enough leverage to flip it over but at the last second the it rolled a little bit and put all the weight in one spot and then popped off bending the buckets cutting edge :realmad: What is the best way to straiten this. it is 1/2 inch steel.:mechanic:

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

heat it with acetylene torch, it is going to take out the temper of the metal, but if you want it nice and straight again, this is about the only way i can recommend

3. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

got it done. I didn't want to put the torches to it and make it weak i droped about 7000LBS from a foot and a half in the air on to the straight edge and it came out almost perfect.:laughing: