1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How do I clean electric connectors?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by audetractor, Dec 21, 2007.

1. audetractor

audetractor Junior Member

I was lax this past year using the caps for the lights and power to plow. Is there something I can dip them in that would take off the oxidation? I hope to get them cleaned somehow and then fill the protective caps with di-electric grease. Any ideas? thanks
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if it is not to bed then use brake clean to remove any residual grease then spray battery cleaner ,let it foam up and soak a while .you might have to do it a couple time's use a small stainless brush if necessary .you can use backing soda and water if that's all you have .clean out with water ,blow it dry grease it up and go ,penray and deka make spray battery cleaner .any auto parts store ,battery retailer .
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

5. audetractor

audetractor Junior Member

electric connectors

Thanks everyone for the replies ! I am going to use the deoxit spray along with a little ss brush. Good info!:nod: