1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do i charge for snow plowing ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wmq4040, Feb 21, 2005.

1. wmq4040

wmq4040 Junior Member

hi folks, i am going to buy a snow plowing rig for next winter. 05/06..although i have 25 years snow plowing ,with the d,o.t. of ct. (wing truck), i have know idea of what to charge for drive ways and parking lots.. can any body help me with this , by the way i am 62 yrs old and retired from the d,o.t. :)
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

A lot of people charge different rates but I shoot for $100-$120 an hour. So if you need to quote a lot try to find out how long it will take you and charge accordingly.

Example: A lot needs plowing that will take you 30 min charge $60.

Most drives by me (40'X20') run about 25-30 bucks, take about 5 min.

Probably not much help but better than nothing.

- Welcome to plow site. :waving:
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  3. caz41

caz41 Member

You really need to find out what the average rate is in your area. If everyone else in the area is charging $75/hour, and then you come along at $125/hour it's safe to say that you are not going to win many bids. That's the best place to get you started. Hope this helps.