1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how do i change fluid on a 9'2 boss v rt2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tclark1, Sep 23, 2011.

1. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I am looking for the right way to change fluid on a boss v plow rt2 setup?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do it the old fashion way,take it to the dealer.:)

3. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

thanks grandview but the dealer is over an hour away. I would like to do it myself. just checking to see if there is anything different that you have to do besides pull the drain plug.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

• Drain the reservoir (if it has a drain, probably doesn't)
    • Pull the power unit off the plow
    • Remove the reservoir from the pump unit and clean it inside, clean the screens and the magnet (if equipped) and re-assemble
    • Remove hoses at lift and wings rams and drain as much fluid as possible. If you're feeling sprite also remove and flush out all rams.
    Re-assemble, refill with fluid, work any air out and top off fluid for a final fill. Use the built in fluid dipstick to set the final fluid level. Do not overfill.

Not a difficult job, just a little messy.

5. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks B&B. I appreciate your help. I will give it a shot!!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not a problem. If you're going to dig all the way into it you should also check/clean the filter in the valve block. It's behind the one hex plug near the top of the block. It's the one all by itself.

7. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yes I want to dig all the way into it! I just bought this plow and it doesn't look like its ever been maintenanced very well so I thought I would start with fluid. They plows seems to work great though. This is my First Boss and first V plow so I am exited to see how it does. any special tips I should know before I start using it?