1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How difficult is it to re-pin a set of skidsteer tracks?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jkski, Apr 9, 2012.

1. jkski

jkski Member

Since you guys seem to be able to answer all of my other questions I thought I'd pose this one as well. I came across a set of over the tire steel tracks for my skidsteer however, one side will need to be re-pinned. I assume this will be more time consuming than anything but can anyone tell me how youdo it and what you use as new pins? Any idea what it would cost to buy the new pins needed?

Thanks in advance.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Depends on brand of tracks, some just need pins some will need pins and bushings

3. jkski

jkski Member

The tracks are off of a Bobcat 773 but I am not sure what brand, maybe growler? They are a used set that someone is selling fairly cheap, asking $600 but depending on what it costs to re-pin it may not be a deal at all.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Ya mean Grouser?