1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How did you Ohio boys fair lastnight?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtwork, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

Well we actually got some snow here in central Ohio. We had about 5 inches in Pataskala and 3 foot drifts with high winds all night. Unfortunatly most of my lots are on the southeast side of Columbus and we had less then an inch there. But regardless it was a good night and I was glad to get out of the house. How much snow did the rest of you guys see lastnight?
  2. Magik

Magik Junior Member
    from Ohio

We didn't get any 30 min west of cleveland....(from the "BIG" storm...lol), But good old Lake Erie kicked in the snow machine....I would say that we got 6 to 8 inches......and we are still in a snow warning... :redbounce We will see when i get home....was out late last night....the phone has been quite for the most part.....Let it snow.... :jester:

3. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

we got about 3.5 in lorain and elyria, big time drifts here as well
  4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Only salted here on the westside of downtown. Went up to Westerville and actually got to plow. Like you said drifting was a problem up there too. Sun is out now.

5. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

hocking hill got about 4 , but it blew around aloooot. spent most of my time busting drifts! :dizzy: payup payup
  6. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

where are you located majik, we must be pretty close to one another
  7. Magik

Magik Junior Member
    from Ohio

The Big E....I'm sure you know what that means...lol....where are U???
  8. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

live in huron county,work in lorain and cuyahoga
  9. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

Same as scagster, it was good to have a full push for all of our accounts. It has been about a month since our last full run. Got to salt alot too, with these lake effect bands. Oh yeah, I thought us west siders never get lake effect.

Scagster, I tried to email you but I get a delivery failed notice. Someone also needs to call Roger, Rebman's is drifting really bad, its even going across oberlin ave.

10. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

dont know anything about e mail,my wife the expert,ill see if something is wrong,i will give roger a call. is everything drifting in that area,how much snow have yiu got this afternoon
  11. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Once again the weather report said 1-3 We got more like 3-5 here is akron. Went out to salt last night thinking that would be okay woke up to 3-5 inches of snow. For some reason Akron got hit harder then the medina fairlawn area oh welll! :redbounce
  12. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Only got to plow 2 of the bigger places, put down salt. Not enough snow to set off all the other triggers. Only got about 1 1/2" but drifting and all the rain and melting snow caused some ice also. Wished it had of been larger, but oh well we'll take what we can get at this time of the year. Looks like about another week and a half of bad weather, then the temps go way up and rain. One more event would be nice, then on to the green work, I don't want to start off behind the 8 ball on that either. Got Fert to put down, pre emergent to put down, beds to edge, mulch to put down, prunning to do and all of that stuff. Heard rumbleings of a potential storm around the 10th, don't know the exact path yet though. You guys up North should stay busy for a couple of weeks though with the snow, if you are lucky.
  13. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

I would say we got about another inch or so, we kept getting whiteouts right before lunch. I wasn't sure if you got anything out in the country or not. I'm sure Roger will check up on it, but with the drifts over there it looks like he never touched it in places, especially the east end of it. I will try to send you another email, maybe something is happening when I hit reply instead of sending a new message. Anything without starter or recoil confuses me.

14. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

salting only

we went out and ran our full routes in about 3 hours just salting and was eating breakfast at about 6:30 am at waffle house made a grand in three hours i can take that easy ... :waving:
  15. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

i did a push early in the morn, and by after dinner i had to move the drifts, so i had 2 full pushes in by the end of the day....Rob
  16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

we got 5-6" with winds, plowed most of my lots twice, late monday, early sunday moring(11pm sunday) intill 8p tuesday. . Then went back out at 4am this moring and and pushed 6 hours. Lots of driffs and stuff.. I'll take more wind and some snow..
  17. salt shaker

salt shaker Member

Thats all I have to say about this one. I started plowing at 11:45p.m. on Tues., had 11" when I started. Got done with first round at 8:00a.m. on Wed., had 14" on the last drive. Went back at 12:00 noon and started second round with 5" on first drives that I did on Tues. eve. and had 3 " on the drives I did last at 8:00a.m. I had 19" when it was all said and done, 7 complaints out of 192 driveways for our residential routes, the same seven that have not been happy all year, I'll be glad when I do not work for those seven next year. It really started to kick in around 5:00p.m. on Tues. and never really slowed down till 9:00p.m. on Wed. Drifting was terrible on a few drives that I had 28" of drifted snow in. Snow load over the hood more than once. I going out now to take care of a few problem areas SEE YA.
  18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Same thing here in Cleveland area.

Where's everybody from?
    Richmond Hts. here.
  19. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Mentor here....Rob
  20. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Anybody near Pioneer??