1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How did you mount your Strobes n more E66 Bar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by My07Brute, Mar 11, 2013.

1. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

I recently picked up a Strobes n more E66 (all amber) and switch with the intent on mounting on the inside on the top side of the rear window.

I will have to pull the headliner to mount it the right way (no big deal) but when I mocked it up (had a friend hold it in place) I am concerned that the rare times I have someone in the back seat they could hit their head on the corner of the bar.

I would mounting it lower but it is tricky because I also have a power rear sliding window (no suction cups).

Basically I am looking for ideas on how others mounted theirs

FWI I did fire it up and my gawd this thing F'ing bright even through the deep factory tint.

(I plan on getting some Amber LED hide away for the front and some E3's for the sides/rear, going to be a rescue vehicle when I am done)

2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

D/R I should read before posting lol

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I will post mine tomorrow. No one has had a issue yet.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=142851

Posts 19 thru 20 is how I have my lights mounted in my truck. My SOS ultra light bar in the back window is only about a 1 and 1/2 out from the window, at most. I don't worry about it in my truck because the light is so small. I am not sure how small your bar is or not, but a pic would help.

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

E66

I have had no one complain yet. And, I have the brackets covered so the hole in the headliner is not visible.

e66.jpg

6. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Have any pics of that thing lit up??

7. I can get a video up soon

8. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Subscribed....

9. Mitchplows

Mitchplows Member

If you have a backrack... Leave the brackets off and put black zip ties in between the light modules. You'll never notice the zip ties and it'll be brighter outside the cab

10. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Agreed. Bit its all about warning, not blinding. We have ours behind factory Ford tint and it is plenty bright for a warning device, even through the tint. Plus, inside it will be out of the weather and last longer.

Only issue we have is flashback off the window at night. Backing up can be a challenge but the closer to the window you get it, the less of a problem you will have.

11. npupko

npupko Junior Member
    from MA

Blueline38 what kind of brackets did you use? That is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!

12. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring you. Apparently I wasn't subscribed to this thread. IDK if you need this info but I used a metal T brace and bent it to my needs.

13. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

14. npupko

npupko Junior Member
    from MA

blueline38, thank you

15. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

Selling my E66 bar (all Amber) and switch, had it in the truck less than a year, love it, super bright however I am going to go a different route with my truck.

$200 firm (shipping not included), new was $275+ shipped.

Near mint, used maybe 2 hours tops, garanteed to work, switch includes a custom back plate (to back mount it, I used velcro)

Location is NY, 12528, willing to meet within a reasonable distance.

rsz_e66_bar.jpg

rsz_e66_switch.jpg

16. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

Thanks, Sold:nod: