1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How did you cut the bumper for an 06 f150 ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I know some 06 F350 guys take the bottom plastic trim off the metal bumper, but my 06 F150 plastic IS the whole bottom under the metal of the bumper, its the same part that goes on top and below the tow hooks.

Im assuming where the two top bars protrude toward the front of the truck "where the pins lock" on the boss plows, that i can cut out holes, in the shape of a "U" so that the bumper will go back on.

I dont want to "hack" into it, appearnce wise, but how would a dealer put the bumper back on?

Also, the papers say the top pin holes on the bull bar should be at least 15 1/2" off the ground, theyre around 14". My 06 F350 set on the normal bolt patterns i think it said were on the low end but are at 16 1/4 to 16 1/2" and i know thats a tad low.

Is the 06 F150 going to need a front lift kit? like a 1 or 2" spring cups installed?

2. Ramairfreak98ss

anyone? some of you guys have to have boss plows on 04-09 F150s right?

Another thing, the boss wiring harness has TWO light connectors for the headlights, yet the headlight only uses one, 9007 bulb i think for hi/low beams. The other 3 pin connector has no way to match the 5 pin connector for the front turn blinker/amber light? this kit came off an 05 F150 , whats up with that?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you didn't receive the head light adapters with the harness...what your looking at is the generic plugs (for HB1/HB5's actually) on the harness, the head light adapters plug into those.

A pic would identify it for sure.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

I did get the headlight hooked up, and have "two" harness adapters, but only need 1? not sure why there are two adapters per side, maybe just extras.

Anyway, i got the bumper on, but the darn top of the push beam is pushing against the plastic, and its so darn tight that i doubt the plow is gonna mount onto it. Ill post up some pictures tomorrow, something just is too low or too high :/

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plow harness ITSELF has two plug per side. One plugs into the stock truck wiring that you disconnected from the head light, and the other is what the head light adapters get plugged into...and then you plug the adapters into the rear of the lights.

I'm sure the paperwork for your specific adapters will make this a little easier to understand so here it is: '04-up F150

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Here are pictures

Does anything here look out of place?

Dillema is, the push beam is too low, 13" to the top holes off the ground, Boss states they need to be 15.5" or more, which means id have to move the push bar UP one bolt notch, which isnt possible as seen here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Because of the bush beam already hitting the bottom of the bumper, see this picture too... id really need to move it further down/away from the bumper. Ive seen other 04+ F150 pictures out there and the boss push beam is lower, yet higher off the ground? What gives?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The truck is a 2006 Ford F150, 4x4, short bed extended cab XLT, im guessing at the minimum ill have to get a 2" lift for the front to increase the springs height

7. Ramairfreak98ss

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't be 100% by the pic, does the truck set level front to back?